GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

creaking noise in passenger side rear of '19 R

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Picked up my R this past July and slowly over time I'm getting a creaking sound coming from the rear passenger area of the car. It happens when I go over a small bump or driveway where it loads up the opposite corners of the car, like the front right/rear left. The noise doesn't seem to change when I have a rear seat passenger. Anyone have this issue? I need to take it back to the dealer to have this addressed, but I'd like to have an idea of what the issue is.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Put the rear passenger seat back down and try wrapping some electrical tape around the latch that hooks into the seat. I had this issue & this solved it completely.

Thanks for that info. I'll go test it this evening... If that resolves the creak, I'll have the dealer adjust it since it's under warranty...

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I had a creak coming from the back which was the headliner rubbing against the top of the C pillar trim, also another creak was the boot lid/tailgate trim (the large part behind the handle/emblem) squeaking against the paint on the tailgate in the area by the access covers of the inner rear lights, easiest way to find it is to spend some time pushing and pulling at all of the interior trim in the rear area that you think it is emanating from, or have someone drive the car while you listen while sat in the back, these noises like to ‘throw their voice’ so to speak so it could be coming from another area!

Last edited:

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
For me, one of the creaks is because of dry seals at the top of the rear doors. While they look and feel fine, some Wurth (sp?) brand conditioner on the door seals and trunk every year of a dub helps cut down on this.

Last edited:

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Put the rear passenger seat back down and try wrapping some electrical tape around the latch that hooks into the seat. I had this issue & this solved it completely.

That's where my noise was coming from.
I searched high and low for that noise and finally found it.

After I put the rear passenger seat down it went away so I left it down..... I never thought a wrapping it with electrical tape thank you.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My LR door hinge stop hardware sqeaks. I don't even bother spaying it anymore. I'll have the dealer put proper grease on it next time I'm in.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My LR door hinge stop hardware sqeaks. I don't even bother spaying it anymore. I'll have the dealer put proper grease on it next time I'm in.

They're spaying the door hinges now? ?

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
At the suggestions of laying the rear seat back down, that did indeed solve my creak issue. Now it's going back to the dealer for a permanent fix. While the electrical tape would probably help, that's a temp fix. Since the car is only 5 months old and under warranty, I'll have them fix the latch.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
At the suggestions of laying the rear seat back down, that did indeed solve my creak issue. Now it's going back to the dealer for a permanent fix. While the electrical tape would probably help, that's a temp fix. Since the car is only 5 months old and under warranty, I'll have them fix the latch.
I did the electrical tape temporary fix in my mk6 Golf and it never needed to be redone up to the point that I sold the car over four years later.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Seat creak is fixed. Took it to the dealer and showed them the issue. After about a 1/2 hour, said it was good to go and it was. Issue was the fender well side of the latch was loose. There are a few bolts that are exposed after removing some of the trim. A simple tighten and replace the trim and no more creak. Glad this was a simple fix.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
W
They're spaying the door hinges now? ?
When I got my car back from my last service they’d sprayed white grease on all of the hinges and latches (and surrounding areas), the result was a complete and utter mess!

Backtrack2015

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was doing this as well. It was the seat latch as mentioned by others. I put a very small amount of lubricant on it and latched/unlatched the seat several times. I then wiped it clean. This seems to have solved the problem.