GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macan Vs TTS callipers

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2012 Gti 4 door DSG
So those are the Macan rear or fronts, and you needed a +30 offset to clear the calipers?

ps they look awesome!

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
So those are the Macan rear or fronts, and you needed a +30 offset to clear the calipers?

ps they look awesome!

Fronts.

Again, it depends on what size and the face of your wheels. My RSe10 are 18x8.5 +45 and they clear for days without any spacers (as would any "designed with BBK in mind" wheels). My winters are 17x7.5 +35 as stated before, and have pretty flat spokes. Had they been shaped differently, I may not have needed spacers at all.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Will the Macan spec pads better cover the Golf R rotor? Centric lists the taller and thicker model 16630 pads for the base Macan
104.16630_Drawing.jpg

While the 10010 below are listed for both the Genesis 3.8 Track and 2017 STI

104.10010_DRA.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
These are the specs for the STI/EVO pads. I just measured my Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track pads from Power Stop. The backing plate is 77.5mm tall vs 77.3 and the pad material is 60mm tall vs 55mm. So I''m hoping to get full coverage and not have that gap of rotor that isn't contacted near the hub.

Attachments

• 89923b0c733da5b7a7c97160f296e21c.jpg
    89923b0c733da5b7a7c97160f296e21c.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 151

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
These are the specs for the STI/EVO pads. I just measured my Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track pads from Power Stop. The backing plate is 77.5mm tall vs 77.3 and the pad material is 60mm tall vs 55mm. So I''m hoping to get full coverage and not have that gap of rotor that isn't contacted near the hub.

Definitely let me know if the Genesis ones cover better

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

The 77.5 is probably just manufacturing tolerances. The 60mm is definitely a functional difference though. Here's brembo's drawing of our calipers:

Screenshot_20191127-203430.png

67mm is the disc surface height. Assuming 3mm at the outside edge, that's 4mm on the inside edge which isn't bad.

For reference, the Macan disc is 65.5mm. the Genesis is 62.5.

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Could the different dimensions just be specific to that particular Brembo pad? Power Stop and Centric both lists the same part numbers, Z26-1001 and 10X.10010, for both the Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track and 2013 STI. Is this just size difference by manufacture?

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Will the Macan spec pads better cover the Golf R rotor? Centric lists the taller and thicker model 16630 pads for the base Macan
View attachment 160581

While the 10010 below are listed for both the Genesis 3.8 Track and 2017 STI

View attachment 160582
Unless you are tracking id run the macan. The angled ends of the lower pad would be quieter when tracking
Also id run the 345mm mk5/6 R rotors. Reason being i assume the pads would overhang on the 340mm rotors and over time a lip would develop on the pad and start making noise.
Can someone who has actually installed this setup confirm if there is slight overhang of the pads on our oem 340mm sized rotors?!

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Unless you are tracking id run the macan. The angled ends of the lower pad would be quieter when tracking
Also id run the 345mm mk5/6 R rotors. Reason being i assume the pads would overhang on the 340mm rotors and over time a lip would develop on the pad and start making noise.
Can someone who has actually installed this setup confirm if there is slight overhang of the pads on our oem 340mm sized rotors?!

they don't

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I installed the TTS calipers on my GTI Sport and find them totally acceptable for spirited street driving and better than the originally calipers. Yes, you do have to remove the caliper to replace pads at the cost of 4 new calipers bolts, buts unless you are tracking the car and change the pads this is not a problem. Pad choice is limited at this time, stock or Isweep from Neuspeed, I believe others (EBC & others) will produce pads in the near future. Currently (as of yesterday) ShopDap was having a sale on this kit. I personally thought about going with the Neuspeed 6 piston, but cost and the fact that I do not track the car, made the TTS calipers a good choice for me. With the stock wheels, Nogaro 18x7.5 49mm I had to use 15mm wheel spacers.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

Yes I am tracking on road courses. My now damaged 986 Boxster Brembos saw 7 track weekends this year and the top loading design was key to making early morning pad changes almost enjoyable.
I specifically want the Macan calipers for the top loading design. 10% unswept inside area with the Power Stop pads is perfectly functional. I plan to run the same size pads for street and race compounds so I can reuse rotors. But if a full swept pad exists it would make this the perfect OEM+ mod

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Yes I am tracking on road courses. My now damaged 986 Boxster Brembos saw 7 track weekends this year and the top loading design was key to making early morning pad changes almost enjoyable.
I specifically want the Macan calipers for the top loading design. 10% unswept inside area with the Power Stop pads is perfectly functional. I plan to run the same size pads for street and race compounds so I can reuse rotors. But if a full swept pad exists it would make this the perfect OEM+ mod

what damaged your calipers??