GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

zeoalex

I did this on my 2015 MK6 Jetta. Bought a used unit. Had to ship it to Jack as it requires hardware change. Jack includes the harness adapter with can filter. After installing it, he then had to remote log and program. Everything works perfect. I believe I did it all for around $700 including a used camera and cable as I didn't like the quality with the converter. Had to run the new cable from the trunk lid to the radio but wasn't to hard.
Gotcha, ok. So I've got a 14 passat, which per the EZT site, I don't think I need a CAN gateway, or CAN adapter, but I'd still need an adapter for the quadlock, RVC, and usb/aux. There's a guy on ebay selling an unlocked/Appconnect activated unit that's interesting, but it's been flashed with the ROW firmware (was originally a NAR radio). Any idea if using a ROW system in NA would create issues? I assume things like sirius would just be a VAGCOM update? Any clue if I can flash to the latest NAR firmware? (it's got ROW 468 currently)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Anyone care to share their 5F coding with me? Just installed the MIB2 brains (non navi), 8" glass screen and the Helix sound system in to my 2019 GTI Rabbit. The brains came out of a 2018 R-Line Atlas. Everything works except my rearview camera does not display - even though I can hear the camera opening up when in R. Assuming it needs coding? Or is this tied to Content Protection being active?

Also does anyone have a link to download MIB2 firmware updates? Need to make sure I have the latest visuals including the MK7.5 refresh vehicle in the menus.

SportwagenTDi

Anyone care to share their 5F coding with me? Just installed the MIB2 brains (non navi), 8" glass screen and the Helix sound system in to my 2019 GTI Rabbit. The brains came out of a 2018 R-Line Atlas. Everything works except my rearview camera does not display - even though I can hear the camera opening up when in R. Assuming it needs coding? Or is this tied to Content Protection being active?

Also does anyone have a link to download MIB2 firmware updates? Need to make sure I have the latest visuals including the MK7.5 refresh vehicle in the menus.
On mine was because the unit came from a car with VPS and mine doesn't have it. If you don't have VPS or PDC then disable it in adaptations

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
So everyone that has used Jack or any remote service happened to have a windows 7 computer available? I do not have access to any prehistoric computers anymore and am having trouble getting ahold of a (legit) looking windows 7 .iso and product key...

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So everyone that has used Jack or any remote service happened to have a windows 7 computer available? I do not have access to any prehistoric computers anymore and am having trouble getting ahold of a (legit) looking windows 7 .iso and product key...
I don't think Jack required Windows 7? I could be remembering wrong though I guess...

MQB Cars Retrofit does require it though, and it was a pain in the ass tracking it down.