GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 High / Discover Pro toolbox!

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi all,

I've made and released a toolbox for MIB2HIGH (Discover Pro). It allows you to do some cool things like:

I decided to put some of my MIB2High (Discover Pro) research into a user-friendly package. This week, I've released the MIB2 Toolbox on my github page. It's a completely new set of green menu screens you can use for customization purposes. You can get it for free here:

https://github.com/jilleb/mib2-toolbox

What can it do:
— it will install like a Navigation update.
— export and import skin files
— export and import startup graphics files
— extract and compress skin and startup graphics on your laptop, the tools are included.
— patch Android Auto configuration so you can run third party apps in AA
— export EEPROM
— export shadow file (in case you do need access to the console, but don't know the password)
— import new green menu files and scripts

Be sure to read the readme on the Github page. Note: This will only work on MIB2 HIGH units, so that's not the Discover Media/Composition Media models! I haven't tested it on all available firmware versions, but I've used the same method om 0343, 0814 and 1156, 1161 and 1367 firmware versions. Please let me know if it works on your specific firmware. If you have any bugs, please include the firmware version and whether or not you've read the readme :-D

Looking forward to be seeing cool new custom content made by others :D

Some examples of custom content, created by myself by using toolbox:

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
I guess I'm late to the game, here, as I've heard of MIB and MIB2, what what's MIB2HIGH? Is it only on DiscoverPro units? Presumably, if one has the Fender system, that is not MIB2HIGH?

Marcsoup

Now I'm really envious of those of you who have a Discover Pro.
Chillout, do you have any intention to port this to the Discover Media/Composition Media? How hard do you think it would for someone to get this functional on the media units? Like, what's the difference between pro and media units that would prevent it from functioning?
Regardless, nicely done! I'm always impressed to see what you've come up with.

Edit: Just saw on GitHub that you already explained why you haven't ported it to The media units. Now I'm sad...

Last edited:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Now I'm really envious of those of you who have a Discover Pro.
Chillout, do you have any intention to port this to the Discover Media/Composition Media? How hard do you think it would for someone to get this functional on the media units? Like, what's the difference between pro and media units that would prevent it from functioning?
Regardless, nicely done! I'm always impressed to see what you've come up with.

Edit: Just saw on GitHub that you already explained why you haven't ported it to The media units. Now I'm sad...
This is the most heard request I've had. I think if someone has the time and hardware, and takes my Toolbox as an inspiration, it can be done on the other units as well. However, I use several security flaws on the MIB2HIGH that allows me to install the custom green menu and run scripts from it afterwards. I highly doubt these same flaws are there on the MIB2Std units. But if someone is willing to send me a Discover Media, I could investigate it on desk. But it would cost a lot of time. A looooot of time. But don't be sad. Just get a Discover Pro! [emoji8]

I guess I'm late to the game, here, as I've heard of MIB and MIB2, what what's MIB2HIGH? Is it only on DiscoverPro units? Presumably, if one has the Fender system, that is not MIB2HIGH?

The game isn't over yet [emoji16]
MIB2HIGH is the Discover Pro, generation 2. Not sure if the Fender was delivered with other headunits, but if you hold MENU and check the versions, there will be something regarding main unit part number or version or so. Let me know and I can confirm whether or not it's MIB2HIGH

iliadis_babis

Hello! Firstly, thank you for the hard work you've put into this!
I'm getting the metainfo2.txt error on my unit.
Details are :

SW train :MHI2_ER_VWG13_P3637
SW MU : 0913
PART NUMBER : 5NA035043
SOFTWARE VERSION :H29.49.45_HIGH2GP_EU

Any ideas? Also is there any update that I can download and install from somewhere?

Thanks in regards!

sergey307

Hi all,
could smb clarify for me - could I make conversion from usa to eu version for my MIB2 High unit using this tool?
I have european firmware for my unit, but there is region and train conflict when I trying to install it. As I understood I need to change in eeprom region and train versions and then I will be able to load new european firmware.
I also have root pass of my current firmware (MU 0692, MHI2_US_AUG22_P3252).
Thanks to all in advance for helping.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hello! Firstly, thank you for the hard work you've put into this!
I'm getting the metainfo2.txt error on my unit.
Details are :

SW train :MHI2_ER_VWG13_P3637
SW MU : 0913
PART NUMBER : 5NA035043
SOFTWARE VERSION :H29.49.45_HIGH2GP_EU

Any ideas? Also is there any update that I can download and install from somewhere?

Thanks in regards!

Can you be a bit more specific? Is it this type of error:

if so, yes, I'm working hard on it. It's a strange error, because I've developed the toolbox on 1367, and tested on a lot of versions, but for some reason some people seem to have this issue.

Hi all,
could smb clarify for me - could I make conversion from usa to eu version for my MIB2 High unit using this tool?
I have european firmware for my unit, but there is region and train conflict when I trying to install it. As I understood I need to change in eeprom region and train versions and then I will be able to load new european firmware.
I also have root pass of my current firmware (MU 0692, MHI2_US_AUG22_P3252).
Thanks to all in advance for helping.

If you put some effort into it, you can do so with this toolkit, yes.. You need eeprom changes to do so. With the toolbox you can develop your own green screen and scripts that update the eeprom.

iliadis_babis

Can you be a bit more specific? Is it this type of error:

if so, yes, I'm working hard on it. It's a strange error, because I've developed the toolbox on 1367, and tested on a lot of versions, but for some reason some people seem to have this issue.

If you put some effort into it, you can do so with this toolkit, yes.. You need eeprom changes to do so. With the toolbox you can develop your own green screen and scripts that update the eeprom.
Yes, the exact same problem, software being 1067 now... Waiting patiently for the solution, when and if you are having it! Thank you anyway!

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
This is really, really cool, great work! I don't even have a Discover Pro but I'm still excited :).

I understand if you're not allowed to describe it, but if yes, what exactly are the flaws in the software? I'm a software developer, that's why I'm interested. Is it not verifying checksums? It makes me worry about the security of the Car-Net module...