GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tapatalk isn't loading and New Posts Errors out

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
And the "Flat Rate Secret Santa 2019" thread under Off Topic...that FOR SURE was a golfmk7.com thread, but it's here on golfmkv.com

And I've only been a member of golfmk7, so that one's really weird.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No, its banished for good :)

Isn't it just a matter of switching the Tapatalk plug-in for golfmk7 from vBulletin to Xenforo?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
God I hope so.
Isn't it just a matter of switching the Tapatalk plug-in for golfmk7 from vBulletin to Xenforo?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The admins are gonna be dealing with plenty of irate users if they don't make nice with Tapatalk.
I am enjoying the XenForo desktop experience much more than I did with vBulletin, but I don't want that to be at the cost of Tapatalk functionality.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
To be honest, I quite like that the members/o.t. area has been merged. Mk7 is more active, so there are more people to talk about random things with. But yeah, the watched threads getting merged is interesting - I've replied to a few mk7 threads without realizing.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
To be honest, I quite like that the members/o.t. area has been merged. Mk7 is more active, so there are more people to talk about random things with. But yeah, the watched threads getting merged is interesting - I've replied to a few mk7 threads without realizing.
Yes this does seem to be a bit of a pain, it would be ok though that the threads are mixed as long as it were made obvious which forum it was initially posted from using a header near the thread title!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2013 GTI

nype

Drag Racing Champion
From forum admin...

As for tapatalk, it will not be used anymore. I am going to start working on our own inhouse app in another week, but it might take months to get out the door.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The forum 'migration' is VERY annoying, as others have noted. No tapatalk, big text to X out every time you visit, cross forum posts. LAME.
Maybe I'll come back in a few months when you sort out the bugs...

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
How do you do this on ios?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
From forum admin...

As for tapatalk, it will not be used anymore. I am going to start working on our own inhouse app in another week, but it might take months to get out the door.
Unless it's completely impossible to access a XenForo-based forum on Tapatalk, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why expend all that unnecessary effort when there's already a well-established app that does the job extremely well?