GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
all those haters saying it wont work on ios and it works fine .

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
idea for Improvement. The medium dark blue color that shows what forum you are in
(Forums >Volkswagen GTI>Golf MK7>etc) doesn't have enough contrast against the black background.

older eyes

Mud

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It’s not as bad as it seemed at first, definitely not impossible to use via iOS although I am looking forward to picking up a MacBook or laptop (open to suggestions btw, not to sidetrack this thread)
Spend the extra cash to get a MacBook with a Retina display.... older MBA’s use a 1400x900 display that you’ll be able to notice sucks after looking at your phone.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, what are the post thresholds for these new titles? Is Go Kart Champion the top?

Also curious if that status is based on your merged posts. You could be a baller in one forum and be a top title in another just by joining. Maybe just look at The Fed's since he's been super active in a bunch of the GolfMKx.

My profile is showing 2,774 posts even though most of those are from GolfMKV.

1573654686544.png

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
The old site had a little button next to the thread topic that would take you to the first unread post in the thread, does something like that exist here?

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Also curious if that status is based on your merged posts. You could be a baller in one forum and be a top title in another just by joining. Maybe just look at The Fed's since he's been super active in a bunch of the GolfMKx.

My profile is showing 2,774 posts even though most of those are from GolfMKV.

View attachment 159716
Yeah, I'm curious about this as well, so I messaged Gulfer to see if it's a reversible mistake or if we're all just gonna have to start over. I had 1,150+ posts on mk6 and now I'm back down to a Go Kart Champion.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I'd be okay with a custom user title :)

I also lost my signature somehow, and had to recreate it. Not a big deal.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Any reason why MB air wouldn’t cut it? I haven’t looked into any of them much, but $1,200 sounds a lot better than 2-3k
Well biggest thing is new MB air cant get i7 processor, it really depends on what you are doing with the laptop, I would suggest anyone you get, get 16 gb ram 100%, then if you want better processor get the i7 and not i5, i would get at least 256gb internal storage since 128 could get filled fast and buy an external harddrive which is alot cheaper vs getting more internal storage, say 1 tb external harddrive is like 50$ vs buying more through mac which is ridiculously expensive. Also alot of people complain about the keyboard, they just updated the keyboard on the new MBP so if your going mac, go to the store and talk to a sales person about what you want to use the computer for, bigger screen is also nicer but you gotta pay to play, 13in is nice but 16inch is nicer but also way more expensive lol. 13inch with an extra monitor is always nice, that being said if your running a website, shipping, logistics, builds, pictures, ect, better to get one more expensive that you like and fits your needs vs something cheaper

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'd be okay with a custom user title :)

I also lost my signature somehow, and had to recreate it. Not a big deal.
I think only mods get custom user titles, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, I'd definitely be cool with making my own. I knight myself, Sir Turbo Idiot, OGE (Order of the Golf Empire).

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Is there any reason you don't just build a desktop PC? You can build a very high horsepower PC for less than a grand that is way more capable than a laptop other than mobility