GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I like the new interface so far. Its mobile browser friendly and similar to several other forums.

Only downside is the fact that its not supported by any mobile app.

cb1111

I applaud the site for not adopting Tapatalk and leaving users with a perfectly usable browser experience.

That said, as humans, we don't like change and this is change. It'll take everyone a while to get used to the peculiarities of this site, but in a few weeks we'll all say "anybody remember that old site?"

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I applaud the site for not adopting Tapatalk and leaving users with a perfectly usable browser experience.

That said, as humans, we don't like change and this is change. It'll take everyone a while to get used to the peculiarities of this site, but in a few weeks we'll all say "anybody remember that old site?"

The site is less functional without taptotalk on mobile, plain and simple, there are no notification coming from mobile browser unless user constantly refreshes. I mean the site is better on browser via pc yes. but there is no mobile option imo

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Issues with my old account (nype) which I am hoping can be resolved. PM'd Gulfer.

From Tapatalk support on Nov. 8 when I contacted them about this:
Looks like the forum's software has been upgraded to XenForo but the Tapatalk plugin they have running on the board is still vBulletin.
We'll contact forum admin to get Tapatalk back up running as soon as possible.

I think they are still waiting to hear back from the forum admin(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Issues with my old account (nype) which I am hoping can be resolved. PM'd Gulfer.

From Tapatalk support on Nov. 8 when I contacted them about this:
Looks like the forum's software has been upgraded to XenForo but the Tapatalk plugin they have running on the board is still vBulletin.
We'll contact forum admin to get Tapatalk back up running as soon as possible.

I think they are still waiting to hear back from the forum admin(s).
Yes please :)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Well i believe I am quoting Jakes post, first try, yeah it seems not terrible on phone but taptotalk was an easy. That being said, who knows if the future will get one app that is like that. As for MBP, yeah, get that. I have a 2011 mpb 16gb ram and its still strong 8 years later. I have to used a windows for work (ssms) and it sucks. Too much bloat ware and updates and linux is the way to go imo. Whatever you get make sure you have 16gb ram. I like apple cuz integrations for iwatch, ipad, phone, ect. If you get a laptop windows, i mean there are ways to connect all the devices but its utterly seemless on macOS

Any reason why MB air wouldn’t cut it? I haven’t looked into any of them much, but $1,200 sounds a lot better than 2-3k

cb1111

Any reason why MB air wouldn’t cut it? I haven’t looked into any of them much, but $1,200 sounds a lot better than 2-3k
I tend to buy top spec laptops and then they'll last 7 or 8 years. 4 or 5 years in, they turn into the office "desktop" and are replaced by a new laptop for my daily use. At the end of the 8 years, they become the "guest" laptop for visitors. At that point it is wiped, the OS reinstalled with Google Docs, a browser and locked to a separate wifi login and not connected to the NAS or my regular printer. That'll add another year or so. My 2011 Lenovo (no more Lenovo for me now) is just being reimaged to be the guest computer

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I tend to buy top spec laptops and then they'll last 7 or 8 years. 4 or 5 years in, they turn into the office "desktop" and are replaced by a new laptop for my daily use. At the end of the 8 years, they become the "guest" laptop for visitors. At that point it is wiped, the OS reinstalled with Google Docs, a browser and locked to a separate wifi login and not connected to the NAS or my regular printer. That'll add another year or so. My 2011 Lenovo (no more Lenovo for me now) is just being reimaged to be the guest computer

Guest laptop? You're talking about a business right?

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
I really like it now; fresh look, easier to use, very nice.

Big thanks to those who worked on the migration!

I second that, it does look a lot better this time around! I can't find all the posts I've made comments on previously, but I think that might have just been something lost with the migration; if that's the case it's fine. I'll eventually come across those threads and pin/follow them.