GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How are the EQT OTS / base Accessport tunes?

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
How is performance with the Stratified base map compared to EQT? Stratified sell the Accessport with their flash tune bundled for $675US so it's a decent bit cheaper than EQT, but Stratified don't seem to have any power figures for 91octane on their site, whereas EQT proudly shows a 91 dyno at 310whp/390tq. Does the Stratified feel appreciably slower?[/QUOTE

Having an EQT ots fbo 93 tune, I’d be surprised if it actually dynoed over 280 on anyone else’s dyno.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
It appears Strat and EQT are both running a sale on the Cobb where they give you a free base map with it. Same price for both companies. So now it comes down to whose numbers are better. EQT also seems to give you the option of gurgles in sport mode, traction controlls, launch control, etc for free whereas Strat charges 15 extra per option. If EQT has better HP/TQ ratings I will definitely pull the trigger and go with EQT.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
My latest GTI maps do run quite a bit more timing up top, especially on 93. I was able to comfortably add timing to my base maps after remote tuning many more cars. 91 maps are running more timing as well, but still more conservative due to the widely varying fuel qualities out there. Also remember that ultimately your fuel quality will dictate how much power your car makes. Running on 91 Octane Chevron will always induce knock and drop power significantly FYI.

Overall my OTS maps are set up to be smooth, consistent, and safe long term. Power is of course important as well, but not at the risk of blowing motors and turbos. There's a reason why there are no reports of blown OEM turbos on my tunes ;)

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
How is performance with the Stratified base map compared to EQT? Stratified sell the Accessport with their flash tune bundled for $675US so it's a decent bit cheaper than EQT, but Stratified don't seem to have any power figures for 91octane on their site, whereas EQT proudly shows a 91 dyno at 310whp/390tq. Does the Stratified feel appreciably slower?[/QUOTE

Having an EQT ots fbo 93 tune, I’d be surprised if it actually dynoed over 280 on anyone else’s dyno.

What version map were you running?

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The OTS are super safe, and slow? My 93 map 6, peaking at 6 over stock(no DP) walked a stage 2 OTS FBO, multiple times. I had better runs with a COBB stage 3 OTS. My JB4 beat it by half a car 3/3. All DSG, Non PP., 40 rolls on 2nd.

Are you talking about the Cobb OTS maps or EQT OTS maps? What fuel were you running with the JB4 on map 6? I doubt it was pump gas!

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
My ots stage 2 from Ed is from back in February and it's labeled version 1.08. how do we know if revisions on the ots are put out or does anyone know if there's a cost to get the new revision? Wondering what's different as I'll be switching from my eblend back to the 93 map for winter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty old map. There is quite a bit more power in the current versions.

-- Ed

audio vicious

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport DSG
I was going to go for the update, I love the 93 stage 2 OTS I have now and have recommended it to a few people even. I'll be adding an IC soon though, and I've been thinking I shouldn't have went with the burbles, even though it's just in Sport. I don't use Sport too often, but I'm running a cat too and I don't wanna just destroy it.

From the looks of it though since I have an IC and may want to disable burbles, I can't use the update, but will need to purchase the OTS again, is this correct? Does the addition of an IC make a big difference in the tune? I opted for just an intake and downpipe when configuring it the first time.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Are you talking about the Cobb OTS maps or EQT OTS maps? What fuel were you running with the JB4 on map 6? I doubt it was pump gas!

-- Ed

Reading this seems to point out that he is running jb4 custom map 93 octane without a downpipe, and he is walking all over a fbo base stage 2 EQT car and getting a much better race out of a cobb ots stage 3. That’s how I read it?