GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-b...-vw-mqb-mk7-gti-golf-r-audi-a3-s3-audi-tt-tts

Our EQT Balanced Line Coilover Suspension was developed and torture tested on our own Mk7 Golf R. Our car sees daily driver duty as well as very aggressive track days and back road driving. As a result, our suspension had to provide a perfect balance of ride quality and all out handling performance. At the softest setting, our coilovers offer a firm but very smooth and controlled ride for your daily commute on bumpy public roads. When you're ready to hit the track or twisties, use the 24 way adjustment knobs to easily dial in dampening to achieve optimal handling and lap times. The front adjusters are at the top and are easy to get to under the hood. The rear adjusters are located at the bottom of the strut for easy access under the car without having to use a jack or lift.

The ride height is adjustable independently of spring preload and offers enough adjustment to go from slightly higher than stock ride height down to completely slammed if you prefer that aggressive look. With the independent height adjustment, there is no need to change preload and sacrifice shock stroke when you change ride height.

The fronts come with pillowball top mounts while the rears will use your factory or aftermarket top mounts. Our pillowball mounts are comprised of two main parts: A SUJ2 Steel bearing, and a Chromoly Steel 2 piece case. Pillowball mounts provide bind free operation and precise feedback to the driver.

Our lower mounts are engineered extensively for strength with key area’s reinforced. They are designed with all of the features of the OEM system to be sure every brake line and ABS sensor harness is securely mounted. This keeps installation simple and straightforward.

Our shock bodies are made from ultra high strength JIS G3445-STKM13C(DIN2393-ST44-2) carbon steel and are electrolysis nickel plated for resistance to corrosion and fatigue in harsh climates.We use a 44mm Linear type piston in our shocks. This style piston gives both excellent track benefits as well as maintains ride quality. Every single shock is hand assembled, and dyno tested to insure dampening and compression valving is within 5% variation from side to side. There is no random inspection or tests, every single shock is dyno tested. In the event the shock fails, the internals are discarded and it goes back to the assembly room. We use cold-bent springs made from high strength SAE9254 steel.

18 Month limited warranty.

Default Spring Rates: 8k front, 5k rear. Custom spring rates available on request.

** Cars equipped with DCC from the factory will require DCC deletes to avoid warning lights and errors.

$1249!

Last edited:

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for making a kit that has stock height as an option especially with ride quality independent of ride height, kudos!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thank you for making a kit that has stock height as an option especially with ride quality independent of ride height, kudos!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yep! According to one of our beta testers, you can actually go quite a bit higher than stock ;)

— Ed

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Would you be able to adjust the valving on the shocks if we get different spring rates? I would probably want to bump it up a little in the rear as I have a wagon.

This seems like a great option for the price. I definitely need to upgrade to GTI/R spindles for something like this.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Would you be able to adjust the valving on the shocks if we get different spring rates? I would probably want to bump it up a little in the rear as I have a wagon.

This seems like a great option for the price. I definitely need to upgrade to GTI/R spindles for something like this.

There’s plenty of room on the valving using the adjustment. You should be able to dial the dampening in for anything up to a 12k spring.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
What does the spring rate mean? 8k front 5k rear? I love these will probably get some as Christmas is coming haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's short for Kg/mm, which is the Euro/metric for Inch/lbs:

8k = ~450 lbs/in
5k = ~280 lbs/in

EDIT: corrected the standard spring rate measurement to lbs/in, as in XXX lbs compress the spring 1 inch.

Last edited:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Double thanks lol so it holds more weight in the front i guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea fronts are stiffer because there’s a lot more weight over the front wheels.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Taking that these are currently just for the 55mm front struts correct?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yep! According to one of our beta testers, you can actually go quite a bit higher than stock ;)

— Ed

wait....these MAINTAIN stock height?????? I've been looking for something that would allow me to keep stock height or something slightly lower. This may be the ONLY coilover that allows for this. WOW.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
wait....these MAINTAIN stock height?????? I've been looking for something that would allow me to keep stock height or something slightly lower. This may be the ONLY coilover that allows for this. WOW.

Yep stock height is no problem at all on these.