GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alignment Specific Shop 805/818?

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone have an alignment shop recommendation in the TO/Simi/Moorpark or West Valley area? I previously had my alignment done at a tire shop in Agoura and it wasn't the best. I want to get a thorough alignment performed if possible. Thanks.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not willing to share? I have yet to have an alignment done but have some suspension work but I hope to get done after the holidays if I can pick some stuff up during some of the sales. I'm in the valley, right near Van Nuys airport and would like to find a place close to me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Farther south ....
Grand Prix Tire and Automotive Center (mention
SoCalMK7) Alignment ONLY Ask for Chris
Address : 656 Monterey Pass Rd, Monterey Park, CA 91754
Hours :
Monday 8:30AM–5:30P
M
Tuesday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Wednesday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Thursday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Friday 8:30AM–5:30PM

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Farther south ....
Grand Prix Tire and Automotive Center (mention
SoCalMK7) Alignment ONLY Ask for Chris
Address : 656 Monterey Pass Rd, Monterey Park, CA 91754
Hours :
Monday 8:30AM–5:30P
M
Tuesday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Wednesday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Thursday 8:30AM–5:30PM
Friday 8:30AM–5:30PM

I appreciate the response but this is about 50-60 miles from the area requested.

Isn't West end supposed to be a highly reputable shop in that area?

Not in the area.

Last I checked Gardena was pretty far from 805/818.

I’m sure I sound like a dick. And I do appreciate the sentiment, but unfortunately, I’m not the kind of person who is willing to drive over an hour to get an alignment.

I see this all too often in threads or now Facebook group posts where people vomit out whatever shop they go to regardless of distance from the OP’s requested area.

And to the other person above asking if I was going to share. I haven’t decided yet. I’m honestly surprised no one posted up about them already.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Did they not do a good job, or are you waiting to see how it drives for a while? Or are they so good you don't want anyone else to know about them, haha.

Thus far it seems no one actually had any recommendations in the area you were looking for, hence the lack of responses. Fwiw, I saw this thread when you posted but had no recommendation for any shop less than an hour away so I didn't post.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Did they not do a good job, or are you waiting to see how it drives for a while? Or are they so good you don't want anyone else to know about them, haha.

Thus far it seems no one actually had any recommendations in the area you were looking for, hence the lack of responses. Fwiw, I saw this thread when you posted but had no recommendation for any shop less than an hour away so I didn't post.

They did a great job at a great price and were great to deal with. Even went slightly custom to benefit performance based on our conversation about my driving habits without even asking.

And that’s exactly what you should do - refrain from posting if you don’t have a recommendation within the parameters requested. Otherwise it just gets clogged up or confusing when someone searches the forums and finds the thread months/years later. It’s frustrating because you find a thread title that fits exactly what you need then you open it and the info is completely the opposite of what you need.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I agree... but if you're not willing to share then this thread still doesn't provide any info. I only responded to your third post to ask what shop you finally found because I don't want to drive an hour for an alignment/adjustment either.

TCdaosithui and 9uns only responded after that because this thread still didn't help anyone searching in the 805/818 area. What I'm saying is, those of us in the area still want to know where to go for a good alignment, hint hint.

Or if you really don't want to share, I'll stop pestering.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
I agree... but if you're not willing to share then this thread still doesn't provide any info. I only responded to your third post to ask what shop you finally found because I don't want to drive an hour for an alignment/adjustment either.

TCdaosithui and 9uns only responded after that because this thread still didn't help anyone searching in the 805/818 area. What I'm saying is, those of us in the area still want to know where to go for a good alignment, hint hint.

Or if you really don't want to share, I'll stop pestering.

I know. I’m just being a dick because I had to go out and find a place on my own and take a gamble. Which ended out well. I’ll pm you

DgolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
+1 for West End Alignment. I live in Ventura and Chris does a great job and totally worth the drive if you want it done correctly.

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
+1 for West End Alignment. I live in Ventura and Chris does a great job and totally worth the drive if you want it done correctly.
I appreciate the endorsement you are giving them and I’m glad you regard their work highly enough to make that trek but it is not worth it to me. I’m already sitting in the car for 10 hours a week commuting to and from work. I’d rather be doing other things with my free time than driving to Gardena for an alignment. And most likely I’d have to take off work in order to accommodate their business hours.

There isn’t enough return on that investment for me. Now, if I was having a shop out that way do a large job that would require the car for several days, sure.