GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trans shops in DMV for Wavetrac install

one0

Car(s)
GTI S
Hey all,

I have a Wavetrac LSD on order and am looking for a good shop to install it. I can call around to find prices but looking to see if any of you have gotten it done before around here or know a good place to have it done for a fair price.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Hey all,

I have a Wavetrac LSD on order and am looking for a good shop to install it. I can call around to find prices but looking to see if any of you have gotten it done before around here or know a good place to have it done for a fair price.
Where exactly are you and how far are you willing to drive

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
If you're near Frederick and the surrounding area, The Shop Autowerx LLC in Woodsboro, does great work and could knock this out no problem for you.

one0

Car(s)
GTI S
If you're near Frederick and the surrounding area, The Shop Autowerx LLC in Woodsboro, does great work and could knock this out no problem for you.

I'm actually in Frederick, so this is a perfect suggestion haha

one0

Car(s)
GTI S
Where exactly are you and how far are you willing to drive

Up in Frederick, willing to drive anywhere in about a 4 hour radius to make sure the job is done right the first time.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Up in Frederick, willing to drive anywhere in about a 4 hour radius to make sure the job is done right the first time.
NGPracing

one0

Car(s)
GTI S
NGPracing

I called Autowerx LLC and he says the can't do it and would basically ship the trans off to California to a reputable partner they have there haha.

NGP can do it, so I have an appointment with them in a few weeks!

Thanks for your help guys.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I called Autowerx LLC and he says the can't do it and would basically ship the trans off to California to a reputable partner they have there haha.

NGP can do it, so I have an appointment with them in a few weeks!

Thanks for your help guys.
Great choice

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You could check out Altered Components in Fredericksburg, VA. The owner/mechanic is Josh and he does great work at a very fair price. Going to NGP is going to cost you since they are a big company.

Reactions: ATR

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Had mine installed at NGP Racing in their VA shop. Not cheap, but I think well done. There were some issues (wrong clutch pressure plate was sent to me for simultaneous clutch install) and an issue with bell housing clearance that got handled.

one0

Car(s)
GTI S
You could check out Altered Components in Fredericksburg, VA. The owner/mechanic is Josh and he does great work at a very fair price. Going to NGP is going to cost you since they are a big company.

I figured it would be expensive but based on the first response I got from a local transmission shop "What's a Wavetrac? Bring it over so we can see it first" I quickly stopped searching on price and just went NGP since they've done it before. I'm picking my car back up tomorrow, so I'm excited!!

Reactions: ATR

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I figured it would be expensive but based on the first response I got from a local transmission shop "What's a Wavetrac? Bring it over so we can see it first" I quickly stopped searching on price and just went NGP since they've done it before. I'm picking my car back up tomorrow, so I'm excited!!
How'd things go with the Wavetrac?