GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chronicles of ruining my 2019 Golf Sportwagen 6MT 4Motion

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
So it turns out that I have a bad habit of ruining whatever car I get my hands on, such as my always broken Miata:

Or my previous car, a 2018 Crosstrek:

I never was super happy with the Crosstrek, as it was just too slow and not super practical. I always missed my old Outback:

so I decided to get the best modern equivalent of that. Plus, with the Sportwagen/Alltrack being discontinued after 2019, I figured it was a good time to go ahead and get one to ruin. I am starting this thread to keep track of what I've done in the month that I've had it and see where I take this car.

First day with it (8/4/19), next to my brother's 2019 R that he got two weeks before:

Transferred my radar detector and dashcam from the Crosstrek. It took some fiddling to get the radar detector wire to run through the mirror:

Some more boring stuff out of the way with some Muddybuddy floor liners and an RGM rear bumper protector (I hate the silver Bumperdillo that VW sells):

Got bored on Aliexpress and bought an $8 battery cover. Doesn't really fit but oh well:

Bought a shift knob adapter off of ebay to put my Subaru's shift knob on (yes I know it looks terrible but it's temporary):

Also did a bunch of other small stuff like the clutch spring mod, CDV delete and HD DIY clutch stop, all of which greatly helped the clutch feel. I also replaced all the halogen interior lights with LEDs from Amazon.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
All these small mods could only keep me satisfied for so long. The wheel gap was driving me crazy, but I didn't want to sacrifice the ride quality (yet), so I decided to get some Eibach springs. While the car was in the air, I also decided to give it an oil change (at 2k miles), as well as swap out the pan for a steel one, and then throw in a JB4 for good measure.

First things first, though, was to install the Audi Jack pad kit:

Using the Mityvac for the first time to drain the oil. This was so easy and nice to use:

Swapping oil pans:

Halfway through the spring installation and regretting not looking up the 2x4 method earlier:

Also installed the JB4. I had a terrible time getting the molex connector through the grommet in the firewall, but it finally pulled through. At least it was completely worth the headache.

I also installed this ugly pedal cover set to make it easier for me to heel-toe:

I got the car back together, checked the oil many times to look for leaks, and then drove the car back to my brother's house to compare my ride height to his stock R. Thankfully, I'm a tiny bit lower. :)

I think the springs have settled even more since then. I also installed some Aliexpress mud flaps as well (which fit pretty well for $22).

That is where the car sits right now. I still have a lot of plans for what I want to do next (wheels, brakes, etc), but I think I've done enough to it in the first month already. :)

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I am in the same boat as you, it will be fun watching you ruin your nice looking wagen! Also where did you get those pedal covers, looks better than the black slippery plastic?[emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Oh! I forgot one of the better mods I got from the FS section here.

Euro rear headrests, really helps with the rear view mirror visibility as well as being able to fold the seat backs down without having to move my front seats.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Black mirror caps came in! They fit perfectly, too, which was a nice surprise.

Also got these:

It will be hard to resist getting tires and putting them on, but I'm going to try to hold off till November...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I think I started a trend 5yrs ago

....GSW!!….

optimaxed

Black mirror caps came in! They fit perfectly, too, which was a nice surprise.

Also got these:

It will be hard to resist getting tires and putting them on, but I'm going to try to hold off till November...

Lovely wheels, who makes them ? what's their size and weight ?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Look like konig hypergrams?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I think I started a trend 5yrs ago

....GSW!!….

:D

It was the last year to buy one! It was basically a bad decision to not buy a GSW.

Lovely wheels, who makes them ? what's their size and weight ?

Konig Hypergram, 17x8 +45, official weight is 16.3 lb, I weighed them at 16.0 lb without the center cap on my bathroom scale.

I also got the car tinted today! I went 50% front windows and 22% rear windows (wanted 22% all around but can't... thanks CA).

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Installed the Urotuning stud conversion kit.

They look goofy poking out of the stock wheels, but with the Konigs the studs don't poke out of the face of the wheel.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Nice. I commute with you some days and have seen your Crosstrek on San Tomas a bunch of times. Liked what you had done to it.

I’ve got a tinted carbon steel GTI on neuspeeds RSE12 wheels. I’ll be on the lookout for you!

Oh nice, small world! I'll definitely keep an eye out for your car as well!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT