GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bang for your Buck - $1,000 to spend

wpudvah

I just received a $1,000 check as a death benefit for a relative I literally never met. Sweet!

Naturally, I want to spend this on my black '16 GTI 6MT Autobahn w/PP. Only things I've done to the car so far are window tint, clutch bump stop, and small interior cosmetic things (like, really small - metal rings for the climate control/interior knobs, glossy Audi 12V plug, and rear stainless steel door sills).

If a $1,000 check were to suddenly fall into your hands, how would you go about spending it on your car? Would you spend it all on one larger thing (i.e. a new set of wheels and/or tires, set of WeatherTech mats, etc.), or would you space it out over multiple parts/mods? And if so, what would you get?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

relive

Ready to race!
Unless your financial situation is incredibly secure, the correct answer is save/invest it. Just like you may unexpectedly receive a windfall, you never know when you will have an unexpected expense like a car repair bill.

But if you have to spend it now, a set of sticky tires will make the most difference in your daily driving experience for the money.

wpudvah

Unless your financial situation is incredibly secure, the correct answer is save/invest it. Just like you may unexpectedly receive a windfall, you never know when you will have an unexpected expense like a car repair bill.

But if you have to spend it now, a set of sticky tires will make the most difference in your daily driving experience for the money.

I guess I should mention the check was for $2,000 and I immediately put half of it away in savings, but I appreciate the tip!

What do you value in a car? Are you a looks, sound, convenience kind of guy ,and the car is plenty fast for you, or are you mainly a performance kind of guy and you think the car doesn't accelerate or corner as well as you'd like? Do you do your own wrenching or does labor need to be figured in?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure how important warranty is to you. An ECU tune is a big bang for the buck; as 70HP and 70 BHP for $700. This was one of the first things I did for my GTI back almost 5 year now.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Wheels(18's so you can keep tires), and a JB4. use 550 for wheel(konig, Motegi), and 450 for the JB4. Best bang for much in my case.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Principle on the loan if its not paid off.

If paid off, then I would start with wheels because the car is already fast and fun, why not make it look good too. As swcrow said, wheels or a stage 1 tune will be your best bet

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
1000 bucks? Pilot Sport 4s in the OE fitment. Zero doubt in my mind, if you're running any other rubber, you'll improve every single daily driver with these.

Bet the remainder of that grand on 1/3rd of the roulette wheel, maybe you get lucky and get some oz ultraleggeras or rpf1s to go alongside those tires.

If you've got car money burning a hole in your pocket, the best tires you can fit is always the correct answer, and the best tires are currently the PS4S.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk