GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressiv Carbon Fiber Front Lip For Golf R (MK7.5) -USP Motorsports Issue

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I had purchased one of these a few months ago and the fitment was off and I returned it. Simple.
A couple weeks ago, I thought I would see if the fitment would be better, so I ordered another. I received the lip mid last week and right away noticed that there was 3M tape randomly on the bottom of the lip. I’m not sure why that was even there. The pictures do not show any type of 3M tape on the lip and the lip I purchased months ago did not have that as well. Then when test fitting it on the car, I noticed both ends of the lip are damaged. This lip seems as if it was used and resold to me. USP says it is not a used item, but yet they don’t explain to me why there is 3M tape on the bottom of the lip. Someone had to have put that tape there and it doesn’t make sense why it would be at the bottom of the splitter facing the ground.

I have been talking to USP Motorsports about the issue and so far it looks like i’ll have to pay to ship it back to them myself just because I was told prior to my purchase that fitment might be off due to my last one not fitting correctly. Even if the fitment was perfect, the lip is damaged and I would want to send it back for a replacement or refund anyways. Now I’m being told I will only get a full refund towards store credit.

I was also told I should take the lip to a body shop since I had trouble the first time with the lip. No point in doing that since the lip is damaged. It’s not even worth taking the lip to the body shop because the lip is damaged. However, it does fit slightly better than the previous lip

This is the first time I’ve had an issue with USP Motorsports and I don’t think i’ll be purchasing from them anymore.

Sharing my experience and I don’t recommend the lip. I just ordered a Maxton V6 splitter. I wish I saw this before ordering the one from USP. Can’t wait to get it!

Anyone else purchase one of these lips and had problems with fitment? I was told that my previous splitter I sent back was sold as an open box item and the person took it to a body shop to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
If the lip is damaged, can't it just be sent back as damaged? Not sure the 3M tape is relevant at that point, if that is what USP is getting hung up about.

Rationally, it was likely damaged from being a returned product, but they still shipped you a damaged product as new, regardless of where it came from.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
If the lip is damaged, can't it just be sent back as damaged? Not sure the 3M tape is relevant at that point, if that is what USP is getting hung up about.

Rationally, it was likely damaged from being a returned product, but they still shipped you a damaged product as new, regardless of where it came from.

That’s what I am saying. The lip is damaged. They sent me a shipping label for the previous lip that wasn’t damaged, but the fitment was just off. I also received a full refund not store credit either. I don’t get why it’s such a big issue now and why Justin from USP can’t issue me a shipping label this time and a full refund.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yup, USP sucks for returns. Instead of paying a $40 re-stocking fee and another $35 for shipping I decided to just sell the part to someone on a local fb group

Born_Into_This

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 R
Had fitment issues with the same part, ended up keeping it. It took some effort, but I spent some time with a dremel on the backside and got it to fit pretty nicely. Fitment was off because the carbon layup was so sloppy on the back there were big protrusions preventing the lip to sit flush over the OEM black trim pieces.

Can't believe they sent out a clearly used piece. I decided not to do business with them anymore after my experience, which was pretty ridiculous. After receiving my lip I ceramic coated it to protect it from the elements, honestly looked better than when I received it. They wouldn't accept my return because of the coating, saying the part was now modified and they couldn't restock and sell it. Keep in mind, this was on a lip that already did not fit well enough to sell imo. They eventually agreed to a return, but again I would have had to pay shipping which was incredibly expensive on the size box the lip comes in plus restocking fees.

TLDR: Don't do business with USP Motorsports, other companies care about enthusiasts

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
That’s what I am saying. The lip is damaged. They sent me a shipping label for the previous lip that wasn’t damaged, but the fitment was just off. I also received a full refund not store credit either. I don’t get why it’s such a big issue now and why Justin from USP can’t issue me a shipping label this time and a full refund.

yeah it sounds like they are stuck on the 3M tape evidence and not the fact that they sent you a visibly damaged item as "new."

If they won't listen to reason, then contact the cc company and do a charge-back, explain the complaint, send whatever evidence they request (I don't know that they ever do.)

....and if you didn't purchase with cc, don't ever do that again, haha. /shrug.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Had fitment issues with the same part, ended up keeping it. It took some effort, but I spent some time with a dremel on the backside and got it to fit pretty nicely. Fitment was off because the carbon layup was so sloppy on the back there were big protrusions preventing the lip to sit flush over the OEM black trim pieces.

Can't believe they sent out a clearly used piece. I decided not to do business with them anymore after my experience, which was pretty ridiculous. After receiving my lip I ceramic coated it to protect it from the elements, honestly looked better than when I received it. They wouldn't accept my return because of the coating, saying the part was now modified and they couldn't restock and sell it. Keep in mind, this was on a lip that already did not fit well enough to sell imo. They eventually agreed to a return, but again I would have had to pay shipping which was incredibly expensive on the size box the lip comes in plus restocking fees.

TLDR: Don't do business with USP Motorsports, other companies care about enthusiasts

I was going to try and figure out a way to make it work until I saw it was damaged and clearly a used product.
I ordered a Spullen dog bone insert and the burnout box from. I really wish I didn’t after this experience.
I will not be purchasing from them again.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
yeah it sounds like they are stuck on the 3M tape evidence and not the fact that they sent you a visibly damaged item as "new."

If they won't listen to reason, then contact the cc company and do a charge-back, explain the complaint, send whatever evidence they request (I don't know that they ever do.)

....and if you didn't purchase with cc, don't ever do that again, haha. /shrug.

Yeah, I might contact PayPal and send them pics and explain the situation. Very disappointed in USP. Had bought multiple things and have returned 2 prior items and no problems. Not sure what the big issue is here.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
USP seems to have a number of issues recently. A friend was shipped one of their tear duct intakes and the tube was completely worn and their letters even coming off. USP's response was "if it affects functionality please let us know", which wasn't great. Same guy also bought a Wortec oil pan when it was V1, it leaked they told him "too bad" essentially. He bought the V2 from them again, that one leaked too. USP again said "too bad". Needless to say a few more people aren't buying from USP again.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Just opened up a case through PayPal to try and get a full refund. Hopefully, it all works out. Shipping costed me so much smh

Vobs56

Ready to race!
I've had the exact same issues with my Aggressiv products from USP Motorsports. I ordered the Carbon Fiber spoiler, rear diffuser, eyelids and mirror covers. All of them were crap in some shape or form aside from the spoiler.

I took the rear diffuser to a reputable VW/Audi performance shop and the mechanic told me that they were able to mount it, but it needed a lot of coaxing to fit properly. He applied extra 3M body tape to secure it but he said he's never seen a body trim piece so large only come with 2 mounting screws. He also told me that it was a bit warped and appeared to have not been treated properly during production and would be considered a manufacture defect. It was already mounted and I was beyond the return window so I kept it to see how it would hold up. It was my fault for not inspecting it first anyways. Approximately 2 weeks later it started to sag and the ends that meet and wrap around the edges of the wheel well were starting to crack. There were no pre-drilled mounting points in these areas, but I also did not want to drill screws into the wheel well edges in fear of causing a spider web crack to the body. I also didn't want it falling off while driving. The whole time it was clinging for dear life.

About two months after that the carbon fiber eye lids and mirrors started to crack. Completely unacceptable for a car that's garaged and only driven short distances 3-4x/week. Don't make the mistake I did and avoid Aggressiv parts from USP. I've had carbon fiber pieces from Ebay for a third of the cost and weren't garbage in less than 6-7 months.

I replaced everything with Aerofabb, including rear diffuser, front splitter and spoiler. Precision fit all the way around. Way better customer service as well. Their machine was down for a while and he called me personally to provide me with all of the details regarding the manufacturing process and my order. I'm patient when it comes to orders and deliveries, and he provided me with more details than I expected. Apologies for forgetting the gentleman's name who owns Aerofabb, but the customer service was the best I've ever experienced from an automotive manufacturer.

Last edited:

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I've had the exact same issues with my Aggressiv products from USP Motorsports. I ordered the Carbon Fiber spoiler, rear diffuser, eyelids and mirror covers. All of them were crap in some shape or form aside from the spoiler.

I took the rear diffuser to a reputable VW/Audi performance shop and the mechanic told me that they were able to mount it, but it needed a lot of coaxing to fit properly. He applied extra 3M body tape to secure it but he said he's never seen a body trim piece so large only come with 2 mounting screws. He also told me that it was a bit warped and appeared to have not been treated properly during production and would be considered a manufacture defect. It was already mounted and I was beyond the return window so I kept it to see how it would hold up. It was my fault for not inspecting it first anyways. Approximately 2 weeks later it started to sag and the ends that meet and wrap around the edges of the wheel well were starting to crack. There were no pre-drilled mounting points in these areas, but I also did not want to drill screws into the wheel well edges in fear of causing a spider web crack to the body. I also didn't want it falling off while driving. The whole time it was clinging for dear life.

About two months after that the carbon fiber eye lids and mirrors started to crack. Completely unacceptable for a car that's garaged and only driven short distances 3-4x/week. Don't make the mistake I did and avoid Aggressiv parts from USP. I've had carbon fiber pieces from Ebay for a third of the cost and weren't garbage in less than 6-7 months.

I replaced everything with Aerofabb, including rear diffuser, front splitter and spoiler. Precision fit all the way around. Way better customer service as well. Their machine was down for a while and he called me personally to provide me with all of the details regarding the manufacturing process and my order. I'm patient when it comes to orders and deliveries, and he provided me with more details than I expected. Apologies for forgetting the gentleman's name who owns Aerofabb, but the customer service was the best I've ever experienced from an automotive manufacturer.

Wow that’s crazy! I won’t be purchasing anything from USP or Aggressiv again.

I’ve only heard of good things about the customer service over at Aerofabb. I would go that route, but I don’t really the splitters they have. The Maxton V6 I ordered just got shipped, so I’m hoping fitment is fine

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
I had purchased one of these a few months ago and the fitment was off and I returned it. Simple.
A couple weeks ago, I thought I would see if the fitment would be better, so I ordered another. I received the lip mid last week and right away noticed that there was 3M tape randomly on the bottom of the lip. I’m not sure why that was even there. The pictures do not show any type of 3M tape on the lip and the lip I purchased months ago did not have that as well. Then when test fitting it on the car, I noticed both ends of the lip are damaged. This lip seems as if it was used and resold to me. USP says it is not a used item, but yet they don’t explain to me why there is 3M tape on the bottom of the lip. Someone had to have put that tape there and it doesn’t make sense why it would be at the bottom of the splitter facing the ground.

I have been talking to USP Motorsports about the issue and so far it looks like i’ll have to pay to ship it back to them myself just because I was told prior to my purchase that fitment might be off due to my last one not fitting correctly. Even if the fitment was perfect, the lip is damaged and I would want to send it back for a replacement or refund anyways. Now I’m being told I will only get a full refund towards store credit.

I was also told I should take the lip to a body shop since I had trouble the first time with the lip. No point in doing that since the lip is damaged. It’s not even worth taking the lip to the body shop because the lip is damaged. However, it does fit slightly better than the previous lip

This is the first time I’ve had an issue with USP Motorsports and I don’t think i’ll be purchasing from them anymore.

Sharing my experience and I don’t recommend the lip. I just ordered a Maxton V6 splitter. I wish I saw this before ordering the one from USP. Can’t wait to get it!

Anyone else purchase one of these lips and had problems with fitment? I was told that my previous splitter I sent back was sold as an open box item and the person took it to a body shop to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmp tuning is the way to go... not only is the quality of the product great most times, but the customer service is exceptional.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Wow that’s crazy! I won’t be purchasing anything from USP or Aggressiv again.

I’ve only heard of good things about the customer service over at Aerofabb. I would go that route, but I don’t really the splitters they have. The Maxton V6 I ordered just got shipped, so I’m hoping fitment is fine
Great to hear... I just got my Aggressiv mirror caps from USP but haven't installed yet. I'm waiting for the weather to get a little warmer so I don't break the clips as easily. Hopefully theres no issue