GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

charcoal cabin air filters

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I’ve heard that the charcoal filters are great when they’re working, but are typically only good for 12 months. Once they stop working, they’re bad. At least that’s what I’ve gathered from my research.

They tend to smell like sour milk when going bad.

I experienced reduced HVAC air speed from the vents with the charcoal filter. Went with a regular filter at the next change interval and went back to normal.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
They tend to smell like sour milk when going bad.

I experienced reduced HVAC air speed from the vents with the charcoal filter. Went with a regular filter at the next change interval and went back to normal.

I had a charcoal one in my Golf and the vent flow was a lot weaker than the GTI I just got with a cheap paper filter but I figured that was probably due to different systems.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Hotsky

Ready to race!
This is a new to me 2016 golf. 77.7k km or 48.5k miles. Probably never been changed.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Mann Frecious Plus. I am a believer after CA wildfire season last year.

This is the cheapest place I have found to get them as well as our oil filters. Link is in my sig for rest of filters.

https://www.nationalfleetparts.com/fp-26-009-mann-and-hummel-cabin-air-filter.html

Well my first order from here was auto canceled due to it being out of stock, I tried again yesterday and it went thru. I already have a tracking number. The shipping is $8 so not quite as good of a deal as it appears but still about the same price as it would be on Amazon with free shipping.