GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

charcoal cabin air filters

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Do you guys use them and if so which one? VW dealers still only seem to carry the very basic paper filters. I had a charcoal filter in my old Golf and it seemed to make a huge difference in reducing the various outdoor odors one encounters near farmland lol

applesauce2

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve heard that the charcoal filters are great when they’re working, but are typically only good for 12 months. Once they stop working, they’re bad. At least that’s what I’ve gathered from my research.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes - use a Mahle/Mann one in both my VWs, keeps smells at bay. I just replace them once a year...so cheap.

joesid

Go Kart Newbie
I use the Mann Frecious Plus. It’s awesome, but I might go back to cheap ones. I park outside, and getting 8 months out of it is pushing it. My commute is 100% urban and it honestly doesn’t make any noticeable difference to me with stinky exhaust. I’ve become accustomed to using recirculation 99% of the time. I may just go back to the cheap ones and increase the interval to every 6 months.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I got the one from DAP auto. Didn't notice much of a difference but for how cheap they are I'll probably keep using them

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Mann or Mahle...which ever is the easier to get hold of…& yes they make a difference...been stuck behind nasty diesel trucks...no smell...whereas before I got it in the cabin...!!!

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I used a MANN carbon/antibacterial/fungicidal filter last time, FP 26 009
Can't recall any odors coming in from outside

Mann Frecious Plus. I am a believer after CA wildfire season last year.

This is the cheapest place I have found to get them as well as our oil filters. Link is in my sig for rest of filters.

https://www.nationalfleetparts.com/fp-26-009-mann-and-hummel-cabin-air-filter.html

So is this definitely the best one to get? I found out this afternoon my local dealer does carry a Charcoal version now but they want $44 for it lol. Anyone know the VW part number?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
So is this definitely the best one to get? I found out this afternoon my local dealer does carry a Charcoal version now but they want $44 for it lol. Anyone know the VW part number?

VW part number is irrelevant. You have the links to buy the exact part you need for a fraction of the price of anything with a VW logo stamped on it.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI