GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New is12 1/4 mile record

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I don't know about that. My car with a APR flash and JB4 hated ethanol. :mad:

With ED my HP_F values are in the teens again, so I'll try some E30 again soon.
My car loved straight 100 octane with APR and +3 psi stack.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Really? Bad ethanol station? It truely is a 30-35 whp difference for me between e30 and just 91. It is 91 though so it would probably less of a difference for people not on the west coast.
Not sure what was happening. My car would boost oscillate when at WOT when the E30 was in the tank. Car was fine after E30 was gone and 93 back in.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Not sure what was happening. My car would boost oscillate when at WOT when the E30 was in the tank. Car was fine after E30 was gone and 93 back in.
Either bad fuel or you were beyond the fuel system capacity.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Either bad fuel or you were beyond the fuel system capacity.

I'll have to try another ethanol station when I experiment again. Maybe invest in one of those cheap testers.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I'll have to try another ethanol station when I experiment again. Maybe invest in one of those cheap testers.
Where are you located?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Queens, NY. The station I went to was:

Valero Gas
549 Old Country Road
Westbury New York
The stations I used are about 40 minutes east of there.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The stations I used are about 40 minutes east of there.

Wow that's real far. I'd burn a whole bunch of fuel just going home. Let me know which one anyway. I may hit it up if I'm further east at some point.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie

You're not the only one. Just about everyone who runs the APR is20 or is38 has trouble with actual e30. It seems like 3 gallons to a tank is the max they can do. All have the same issue as you had. Most just stick with 2 gallons so they can keep clean timing while adding a little more with a stack. Full e30 will actually be around 4 gallons or more on a fwd and around 4.5 on 4motion. they have a larger tank. I run around 4-4.5 gallons per tank of 93 on the jb4. e85 is rarely full 85% and pump 93 is rarely 10%. If it was, 4.5 gallons would give me around e35. So I'm right in the mix with the 4-4.5

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You're not the only one. Just about everyone who runs the APR is20 or is38 has trouble with actual e30. It seems like 3 gallons to a tank is the max they can do. All have the same issue as you had. Most just stick with 2 gallons so they can keep clean timing while adding a little more with a stack. Full e30 will actually be around 4 gallons or more on a fwd and around 4.5 on 4motion. they have a larger tank. I run around 4-4.5 gallons per tank of 93 on the jb4. e85 is rarely full 85% and pump 93 is rarely 10%. If it was, 4.5 gallons would give me around e35. So I'm right in the mix with the 4-4.5
I never got to try E20. I'll likely do E20, then full E30 when I dip back in to the corn.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Not saying it is limited to that, I'm saying that from the factory, 5spd cars were 184 and tiptronic were 199. The limit is kind of unknown I guess.
My map 6 settings might be too aggressive for your transmission though. So you would have to tweak them. I know I could spin in third easily around off ramp turns when giving it full pedal. Second gear would spin like crazy without boost by gear. Definitely need 83 octane and 3.5-4 gallons of e85 mixed in based on the golf 13.2 gallon tank.

1,500-14
2,000-17
2,500-19
3,000-22
3,500-23.2
4,000-24.0
4,500-23.2
5,000-21.6
5,500-20
6,000-19
6,500-17.5
7,000-16

You r right, your map 6 setting is too aggressive for my car as i remember George warned me about transmission wont hold higher boost as my A3 gearbox is the weakest of all mqb auto/dsg transmission, however i m really liking the new map 4 specifically made for 7 spd dsg but usually m driving mostly on map1 or 6.