Car(s)
All the MQBs
This is for the MK5/6 not the 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It’s a popular upgrade? For the MK5/6 yes. If it was truly compatible with the MK7, VW would have used it in the MK7 as opposed to making a totally different one from the MK5/6.

Please show me where this is shown as a true upgrade. If it is an upgrade why didn’t you use it in your car instead of the plastic one?

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Many people on this forum have upgraded to the all-metal throwout bearing when upgrading their clutches. Perhaps you're not familiar with the search feature.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Nope, I’m not.

Why don’t you show me?

Last edited:

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
It’s a popular upgrade? For the MK5/6 yes. If it was truly compatible with the MK7, VW would have used it in the MK7 as opposed to making a totally different one from the MK5/6.

Please show me where this is shown as a true upgrade. If it is an upgrade why didn’t you use it in your car instead of the plastic one?

Your point? VW switched to a plastic oil pan for the mk7 but the metal mk6 pan fits and is clearly an upgrade.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Your point? VW switched to a plastic oil pan for the mk7 but the metal mk6 pan fits and is clearly an upgrade.

Because the aluminum and mk5/6 plastic version has a thicker spacer than the MK7 which could potentially cause issue depending on the clutch setup.

And why do you think the metal oil pan is an upgrade?

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Because the aluminum and mk5/6 plastic version has a thicker spacer than the MK7 which could potentially cause issue depending on the clutch setup.

The measurements are already posted on this forum. The height difference is very small but gives the MK6 TOB a lower engagement point.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S

Use caution when choosing this TOB. Using a Mk5/6 TOB included in my first clutch kit caused the clutch not to fully disengage, burned up the clutch in 2 weeks and it needed to be replaced a 2nd time.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Use caution when choosing this TOB. Using a Mk5/6 TOB included in my first clutch kit caused the clutch not to fully disengage, burned up the clutch in 2 weeks and it needed to be replaced a 2nd time.
LOL You used the TTRS setup that's been discontinued by FCP Euro due to lots of engagement issues. Many people have had to rip that clutch out and start fresh. They issued me a full refund for my clutch and paid for 100% of my labor for the exact same issue and I was using the plastic MK7 TOB.