GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Still crying over my clutch. Does this cost sound crazy?

hotchicken

Ready to race!
$1600 for labor alone is beyond crazy. I paid half that for the install labor on my Golf R.

A quick search on Facebook shows a couple dub groups in middle Tennessee and Nashville. "DUBS of Nashville" & "middle Tennessee Volkswagen club".

There's also regional subforms here:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

I'd definitely get a second opinion and find a good Volkswagen/Audi shop that's local to you.

Thanks! Locals so far suggest the place that’s high.

Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So where did all that brake fluid go when I did my bleader block and swirl valve mods? It is the same reservoir. Uses the same fluid. It's amazing that with all this technology and information at ones finger tips people can not spend 30 seconds on Google to validate anything......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
How's that possible? That would imply that they use the same fluid which they don't

They use the same reservoir but not technically the same fluid because the circuits are separate. You can replace the clutch bleeder and only need to bleed the clutch. You can also replace the brake lines and only need to bleed the brakes. Same reservoir and same fluid being added but they don't communicate with one another.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So where did all that brake fluid go when I did my bleader block and swirl valve mods? It is the same reservoir. Uses the same fluid. It's amazing that with all this technology and information at ones finger tips people can not spend 30 seconds on Google to validate anything......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, isn't it. Fucking smartass...

Buguyed

Ready to race!
LOL the VW dealer quoted me $1300 in labor. Had a VW Indy shop do it for half that tho. Good luck

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
so what is the consensus here, 6-900 is price for clutch install?

For a GTI I'd say $600-800
For the R $750-900
This is for labor alone that I'm referring to.

Some shops may change a bit more. My estimates are averages. That said... If a shop is charging what the dealership would charge (double what my estimate is) it's way too much.

hotchicken

Ready to race!
For a GTI I'd say $600-800
For the R $750-900
This is for labor alone that I'm referring to.

Some shops may change a bit more. My estimates are averages. That said... If a shop is charging what the dealership would charge (double what my estimate is) it's way too much.

My final labor bill will be $950. Had been quoted ~$1500 by another outfit.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Yikes, is there that much more work involved with the R? I paid $500 CAD (~$380 USD) for labor for my GTI by an indy.