GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dash lit up like Xmas tree AGAIN

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Looking for some help here. 2017 Autobahn DSG 36k.

Couple weeks ago I fired the car up and was greeted by a XMAS tree in my dash. Got the following errors: adaptive front lighting, airbag, tpms, front assist, hill hold (wtf?), abs/esc, adaptive cruise

The consensus on here and the mk7 facebook page was the battery. I replaced the battery, did the proper OBD11 coding, and after 30-40 miles all the errors went away... until this morning

All the same codes and back, plus a red brake warning light on top of those. The car drives mostly normal, with the exception of a slight hesitation when setting off from a stop, both in drive and in reverse.

I;d rather avoid the dealer, but I think I might have no choice at this point. Luckily my car is CPO, so my warranty is to 60k

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You didnt get plug D all the way in. This happened on mine. I broke the clip and the plug came slightly loose and all those symptoms popped up. Get plug D all the way in, check the others, and if you need to wrap some foil tape or zip ties around plug d to keep it from coming off again if you broke the clip too. I hobbled mine through with 2 zip ties and foil tape for a few months until I was able to take it and have the plug replaced

codypka

Go Kart Champion
You didnt get plug D all the way in. This happened on mine. I broke the clip and the plug came slightly loose and all those symptoms popped up. Get plug D all the way in, check the others, and if you need to wrap some foil tape or zip ties around plug d to keep it from coming off again if you broke the clip too. I hobbled mine through with 2 zip ties and foil tape for a few months until I was able to take it and have the plug replaced

Or plug D wiring got nipped in the radiator fan because you didn't zip tie it to something.

G

Last edited:

codypka

Go Kart Champion
And I gotta say I REALLY miss having the jb1 on. Car feels so slow now. I'm not liking it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

codypka

Go Kart Champion
update:

safe to say it wasn't the jb1 that was causing the issues. This morning on the way into the office the lights returned. And to make matters even worse the car wouldnt shut off when I arrived. Pushed the start stop button 10-15 times over the course of a couple minutes before it finally cooperated.

At this point I guess I have no choice but to take it to the dealer. Unless someone has an idea

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Looking for some help here. 2017 Autobahn DSG 36k. Only mod is JB1

Couple weeks ago I fired the car up and was greeted by a XMAS tree in my dash. Got the following errors: adaptive front lighting, airbag, tpms, front assist, hill hold (wtf?), abs/esc, adaptive cruise

The consensus on here and the mk7 facebook page was the battery. I replaced the battery, did the proper OBD11 coding, and after 30-40 miles all the errors went away... until this morning

All the same codes and back, plus a red brake warning light on top of those. The car drives mostly normal, with the exception of a slight hesitation when setting off from a stop, both in drive and in reverse.

I;d rather avoid the dealer, but I think I might have no choice at this point. Luckily my car is CPO, so my warranty is to 60k

Anyone else experience this? Could it possibly be JB1 related?:confused::confused:

When all those faults come up, it's because the car lost its memory; this is usually due to the battery being removed.

Is the new battery defective?

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
I've had the same issue for the past 10 months.

I had a new battery fitted and coded just like yourself.

The car is booked into Volkswagen in two weeks time for their 'fixed price diagnostics'.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
When all those faults come up, it's because the car lost its memory; this is usually due to the battery being removed.

Is the new battery defective?

Seems unlikely. With the exception of the not shutting off correctly, all the issues happened before and after replacing the battery

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Seems unlikely. With the exception of the not shutting off correctly, all the issues happened before and after replacing the battery

It would if the first was knackered and the second defective, but I agree, it'd be a very big coincidence.

Do you happen to have a VCDS autoscan?

videoguy009

Ready to race!
Non GTI related but back in 2005 I had a brand new Malibu with the same issue except it wasn't kessy.Xmas tree effect with no starting.It required a special control module separate from the ECU, worth 2500.00 that was defective.Covered under warranty thank god.It may be in this area as well.Just thought I would throw that out there.