GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Avoid Speedwell Industries & East End Raceshop

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I think you can get your duty/taxes back from CBSA if you can prove to them you returned the wheels for a refund.

Thanks, yeah I mentioned that to my credit card company and they said they should be able to handle that too.
If not and it gets to the point where the wheels are sent back I'll probably call CBSA and find out what to do.

Thankfully kept the receipt.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
I saw your post on facebook and the events that transpired to this, they were trying to sell these wheels for a few weeks at least if I could recall.

Sorry it happened, this definitely does not end well for the company.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wouldn't the "transferable lifetime structural warranty" cover the bend anyway?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Wouldn't the "transferable lifetime structural warranty" cover the bend anyway?

I also brought that up.

He said "The lifetime structural warranty covers wheels that are damaged under normal driving conditions, and not shipping damage"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I also brought that up.

He said "The lifetime structural warranty covers wheels that are damaged under normal driving conditions, and not shipping damage"
Ok, great. It was damaged during shipping (doubtful). UPS recommends the shipper filling a claim over the receiver. Tell them to deal with it.

It sounds like you're already on it, but I'd be on the phone with my credit card company in an instant.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Any updates

Ac253189

Passed Driver's Ed
You can also report them to the BBB. They'll actually inquire with the business about what happened and ask for a response. May put some additional pressure on them to do the right corrective measures

VentoGT

Ready to race!
Using your credit card through PayPal is even better because PayPal always stands behind the buyer. So there would be two companies backing you.

Hard false. Have had 2 eBay transactions totalling almost $1,000 that Paypal just sat and did nothing about even though there was no tracking and no proof of goods delivered.

Never, ever trust the bullshit that Paypal sells you.

Tjbell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
As a person who has over 10 years in the auto industry, I can say with 100% confidence, that those marks/gouges on the wheels were caused by improper use of a tire machine, and wheel weight removal. Inexcusable in my eyes. Good thing you filled a charge back, keep us updated

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Definitely not shipping damage. I would like to see how those gouges got through the box and plastic and didnt leave little bits inside the plastic.

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Never ceases to amaze me how shitty some people can be. That last text you posted is absolutely infuriating.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Figured I’d come on and update the thread.

Jumped through their hoops and started the UPS claim. Sent all photos and information of all the damage.

Claim was denied (shocker), hit up Sam asking if he’s going to make this right (after ignoring 2 texts and a phone call from me all day yesterday) and the just of his reply is that they aren’t going to do anything because I have these FB posts up and apparently he “wasn’t aware of the charge back until yesterday”.

I’m not going to delete and of these posts until it a solution, why should I? If it gets resolved and I ultimately get my money back, I will update the posts with this info.

I guess I have to ride out the credit card claim now, the lack of care from these guys is absolutely mind blowing and I couldn’t be more frustrated than I am right now. Now he has blocked my phone number and blocked me on Facebook.

Last edited:

cb1111

Why don't you send your photos to one of the guys at Tirerack (check the wheel and tire forum) and ask them what caused this damage. They'll be able to say if it was shipping or mounting damage.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Why don't you send your photos to one of the guys at Tirerack (check the wheel and tire forum) and ask them what caused this damage. They'll be able to say if it was shipping or mounting damage.

Because I am pretty confident it wasn't shipping damage, but if it was, its because the packaging wasn't good enough anyways because UPS denied the claim.

cb1111

Because I am pretty confident it wasn't shipping damage, but if it was, its because the packaging wasn't good enough anyways because UPS denied the claim.
You misunderstand. If you have an email from TR saying "that looks like mounting damage" then that will bolster your claim with the CC company.