GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First major mod done... IE downpipe

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
What a bitch. This was not a fun install to do alone. Regardless, it's finished and sounds great. New turbo gasket and no leaks. I did the airbox mods while I was at it.

Up next, IC and turbo inlet. Then finally the tune. Can't wait!

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_164557_resize_58.jpg
    IMG_20190526_164557_resize_58.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_20190522_205839__01_resize_73.jpg
    IMG_20190522_205839__01_resize_73.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 918

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
Oh, and my wife was supposed to give me a hand. She took my daughter shopping, then this and that. 3 hours later she finally gets home as I'm tightening the last bolt hahaha.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Oh, and my wife was supposed to give me a hand. She took my daughter shopping, then this and that. 3 hours later she finally gets home as I'm tightening the last bolt hahaha.
Your weren't gonna make your wife go under the car, were you? I think a kid is better suited for the task ;)

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Congrats on the upgrade, do yourself a favor though and toss a nut on the end of the turbo v-band clamp. That bolt has a tendency to work loose over time. An extra nut on the end locks it on perfectly.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
I found the install of the I.E. downpipe one of the easier mods to do :). And mine is AWD, so lots more work.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Congrats on the upgrade, do yourself a favor though and toss a nut on the end of the turbo v-band clamp. That bolt has a tendency to work loose over time. An extra nut on the end locks it on perfectly.

Excellent tip.

mindonmatter

Ready to race!

Good idea, tnx.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Not yet, but I've only been for a couple drives. I do expect a CEL though. Tune will solve it.
Curious how long before you get a CEL. I'm interested in the IE pipe and hoping I can easily tame the CEL for inspection.

Last edited: