GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found the cheapest Helix Subwoofer 000051419B currently

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I did a little web scraping off dealership websites in my region and currently, VW of Murrieta in CA has 25% off theirs. With the 10% rebate, my total spent is $433.28 (with shipping included). However, shipping will differ from where you are. I ordered direct from there for around $29 shipping to Seattle, WA and also no tax charge. If you're on the East Coast or around areas, VWvortex parts will price match and you can still get 10% rebate.

Here's the link:

https://parts.vwofmurrieta.com/p/Vo...-Subwoofer--Soundbox/70346182/000051419B.html

Edit: Found out from someone that works for a VW parts and says the dealership is not making money off of this at all. This is the cheapest you'll be able to get it unless there's a bigger sale in the future but 25% is already pretty significant in terms of a dealership.

Edit #2: it is now 40% off on the dealer website and can be stacked with a 15% rebate. Enjoy!

Edit #3: 9/30/19 it is now back to 25% off

Edit #4: 12/4/2019 back to 40% off

Edit #5: 12/18/2019 back to 25% off

Last edited:

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
From the VW site: "Not for vehicles with Fender Audio."
Ummmmm...what is the stock system YOU have in yer GTI?

Yeah this Helix is for stock systems only. My sport doesn’t have Dynaudio or whatever nor Fender so it is compatible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
interesting, looks like many of their items are 25% off whereas my local dealers are full price.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I found the old revision for sale for $250. Does anyone know the difference between the old revision and new? I'm hoping I don't run into any issues since I have an '18.

Last edited:

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I found the old revision for sale for $250. Does anyone know the difference between the old revision and new? I'm hoping I don't run into any issues since I have an '18.

I believe I read there was some revision to the amp/dsp or something like that. I don't think it should matter in terms of installation into your car as long as you don't have Fender/Dynaudio (depending on your region)

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
FYI that is dealer cost on the Helix. Not sure if an order would actually go through or not if you buy online. Advertising 25% off list price to put it at their cost seems like they have one in stock that they might not be able to return to VW and are just trying to dump it

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
FYI that is dealer cost on the Helix. Not sure if an order would actually go through or not if you buy online. Advertising 25% off list price to put it at their cost seems like they have one in stock that they might not be able to return to VW and are just trying to dump it

I received and installed mine from this dealer last Saturday. Rebate received yesterday. Not sure what you mean

Edit: they’re having 25% off on all their parts so it’s not just this Helix

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I received and installed mine from this dealer last Saturday. Rebate received yesterday. Not sure what you mean

Edit: they’re having 25% off on all their parts so it’s not just this Helix

I'm saying they are literally selling this at their cost, what it costs that dealer to buy it from Volkswagen. Making zero dollars on the part, which is why I'm thinking maybe they bought some thinking they could move them and haven't be able to.

I work for VW in parts and can see cost, list, wholesale, etc

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm saying they are literally selling this at their cost, what it costs that dealer to buy it from Volkswagen. Making zero dollars on the part, which is why I'm thinking maybe they bought some thinking they could move them and haven't be able to.

I work for VW in parts and can see cost, list, wholesale, etc

Ah gotcha that’s very good to know. My local dealership in Seattle was refusing to price match a price of a local competitor for $477 because they weren’t going to make money off of it. Glad I found this deal

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I purchased my Helix from VW of Murrietta back in April for $449. I also ordered the longer spare tire bolt and extra nut. Total cost (including shipping across the country to Pennsylvania) was $493. VW was running 15% off so I’m waiting on a ~$68 rebate to come in the mail. VW even gave me 15% off the freakin $7 spare tire bolt :)

Total OTD cost will be in line with others @ $425 once I get the rebate in hand.

Since rebates have been mentioned, how long has taken others to receive their rebates? The VW rebate website says my checks were cut on the 3rd of May and I still haven’t received them three weeks later. I’m wondering if they got lost in the mail?

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I purchased my Helix from VW of Murrietta back in April for $449. I also ordered the longer spare tire bolt and extra nut. Total cost (including shipping across the country to Pennsylvania) was $493. VW was running 15% off so I’m waiting on a ~$68 rebate to come in the mail. VW even gave me 15% off the freakin $7 spare tire bolt :)

Total OTD cost will be in line with others @ $425 once I get the rebate in hand.

Since rebates have been mentioned, how long has taken others to receive their rebates? The VW rebate website says my checks were cut on the 3rd of May and I still haven’t received them three weeks later. I’m wondering if they got lost in the mail?

My rebate was released last week. I'm still waiting for it