GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for 2019 R?

nate704

Go Kart Champion
My friend (also VW sales guy) sent me this. Just came off of a truck today.

Let me know and I will hook you up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb1111

Love the aftermarket seat covers. I wonder what the charge is for those as a "dealer installed option". Those vertical pinstripes are pretty cool too.

cb1111

On a more serious note, am I the only one not enthralled with the black Pretorias? I think they'd look great in that diamond black finish that VW used on the Karthoum's a few year back

Somehow, black wheels always remind me of a curbed wheel and somebody said "hey, I've got a rattle can of black paint, I can make that go away" or cheap winter steelies.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
On a more serious note, am I the only one not enthralled with the black Pretorias? I think they'd look great in that diamond black finish that VW used on the Karthoum's a few year back

Somehow, black wheels always remind me of a curbed wheel and somebody said "hey, I've got a rattle can of black paint, I can make that go away" or cheap winter steelies.

I’m with you. But, I don’t care for the standard wheels on the 19 either. My take on black wheels is “I’m too lazy to clean my wheels”.

cb1111

I’m with you. But, I don’t care for the standard wheels on the 19 either. My take on black wheels is “I’m too lazy to clean my wheels”.

They'll be black with brake dust soon enough :p
Maybe it is my eyes, but black wheels seem to lose all detail and just look like a black blob regardless of design. Shiny black is a shiny blob, flat black is a brake dust dirty blob.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I still think that silver wheels look best. Chrome is awful (I'm not that old), colors look cartoonish. Bronze can be interesting depending on the wheel and car color.

The Pretorias (in silver) are certainly far nicer that those other things.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Maybe it is my eyes, but black wheels seem to lose all detail and just look like a black blob regardless of design. Shiny black is a shiny blob, flat black is a brake dust dirty blob.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I still think that silver wheels look best. Chrome is awful (I'm not that old), colors look cartoonish. Bronze can be interesting depending on the wheel and car color.

The Pretorias (in silver) are certainly far nicer that those other things.

Agree, black just gets lost up against black tires and black wheel wells.

The difficult choose is black Pretorias or silver Englishtown wheels.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I think the question for me would be "which is easier to sell?"

I prefer having black wheels in all of my vehicles and done that to an extent so far.

I like 19" black pretorias & englishtown wheels and would be looking out for those wheels in the classifieds section had i had owned a GTI now.