GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiring Harness for 3.5 / 5 Bar Map sensors

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I gotta say I received a quality harness from 8JVR6.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

VAG_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
I make the harnesses @ 60$. If you’d look at the materials there is a huge difference.

Good for you for offering a more budget friendly option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an engineer...how do you equate a value/dollar figure to heat cycling resistant?

I gotta say I received a quality harness from 8JVR6.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have to say it's kind of funny how everyone who jumps in on this to comment against the thread are from Canada where the other seller is from. 2slowvw didn't bash the other guy by any means, everyone else jumps in and talks shit. If you want to spend $60 you can, but you shouldn't be blowing up someone else's thread for offering a more affordable product.

It's basically like all these carbon fiber intakes out there, does it look nice, sure. Is it worth the 200% markup over a drop in? Probably not.

With that said, pm sent for an order.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
All orders should have a tracking number sent to your email now except if you are a UK based Turbo company, you will get a tracking number this afternoon.

Thanks everyone!

littco

Ready to race!
Any benefit using AEM 5bar MAP? Currently mine is running 34PSI with just lower 4bar installed, I can see actual boost from VCDS.

The AEm is an absolute map sensor meaning itll read vacuum properly. Also it will read above 2.5bar properly and upto 4bar boost.

Others run the 0059, chopped up and rescaled and calibrated in the manifold but depending on who you speak to will say it doesnt work in certain conditions. Which I agree with . The AEM really is the best option but it's expensive.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Here are some snippets by ED @ EQT as to why the 4 bar is not ideal and i will update the first post also.

Now on to the problem with the Bosch 4 bar... I think its the the pressure range rather than the resolution. The little data I've found on it, says it only reads down .5bar (-7.25psi relative vacuum at sea level). This is not enough for a gasoline engine as they tend to idle and operate at low throttle in the -9psi to -12psi range. So this sensor won't work properly when used on the manifold for load/fuel calculation. It'll work fine as a TIP sensor since it doesn't need to measure vacuum there. The AEM 5 bar, for example reads down to 0 bar (-14.7psi relative).

So this explains why some of you are having idle and low throttle drivability issues with the Bosch 4 bar in the intake manifold. There could be software tricks around this by calculating low load based on baro pressure, temperature, and throttle angle, but that's far from ideal. So until we can find a better a P&P 4 bar solution, it seems that the AEM sensor is the best bet.

So I’ve been testing out the 4 bar sensor and there is definitely an issue at very low throttle angles right at the transition to decel. The sensor can’t read the high vacuum properly and results in -34% fuel trims and unstable a/f in that area. The result is a bit of a dead spot in the throttle in that transition as well as slightly jerky on/off throttle transition. This is most noticeable around 2000rpm in the 0-10% throttle range. I could see a lot of people not noticing or being bothered by the resulting drivability issue, but its not correct regardless. I’ve been able to smooth out the transition some with some tuning tricks, but at the end of the day, it’s just masking a real deficiency. For those talking about UM cars, I’ve only had one such car on my dyno, but that car also had a hard stutter at that spot, so I don’t think there’s anything too different going on.

FWIW, we’re at sea level and this issue would likely be much less prevalent or even cured at higher elevations. Maybe the folks reporting no issues are just at high enough elevations to get back into range of this sensor.

Thanks
— Ed

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Since Cobb Mpi has been rolling out I have received an influx of orders and requests on showing how I have mine installed. Below is a picture to give everyone an idea of how to install their setup.

I will also update the first post so people won't have to dig in the future.

Thanks

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Matt, you should also mention that you have a boost gauge and that's why you have that "T" fitting with your AEM 5bar and boost tap. For those, like myself, that don't have a boost gauge, you would connect the 5bar MAP sensor directly to the boost tap.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Matt, you should also mention that you have a boost gauge and that's why you have that "T" fitting with your AEM 5bar and boost tap. For those, like myself, that don't have a boost gauge, you would connect the 5bar MAP sensor directly to the boost tap.

This is correct. If you do not have a boost gauge then you will not need a "T" fitting. It would just go to the 5 bar. Thanks for clarifying that Drew. I know for most of us that may seem obvious, but there may be some people out there who could get tripped up by that.