GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nashville Folks

hotchicken

Ready to race!
I’m in Franklin. My 17 R needs a clutch. Tuned so it’s gotta be a performance deal. Thinking European Autowerks only they’re in Mt. Juliet. Is there anyone in Franklin or south Nashville you all know who could knock that out for me?

Last edited:

hotchicken

Ready to race!
Ended up having European Autoworks in Mt. Juliet install the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch. Jerry was great, and took time to help me understand what went wrong with the old HS Tuning clutch that only lasted 24K miles (they installed the clutch disk backwards!). Ring him up! Much more reasonable on labor rates and time charged than the local competition.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Ended up having European Autoworks in Mt. Juliet install the new South Bend Stage 2 Endurance clutch. Jerry was great, and took time to help me understand what went wrong with the old HS Tuning clutch that only lasted 24K miles (they installed the clutch disk backwards!). Ring him up! Much more reasonable on labor rates and time charged than the local competition.

What was the install cost for the clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

He does good work. Worth the trip.
And he is a Stage 2 tuned GTI owner.
Enthusiast and Master Mechanic.

FST_NML

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI S DSG LP/PP
He does good work. Worth the trip.
And he is a Stage 2 tuned GTI owner.
Enthusiast and Master Mechanic.

Are you talking about the white MK7 outside of his shop? I thought that belonged to a friend of his. I believe I saw a Stage 2+ badge, meaning it has an IS38. Jerry did promise me a ride in it next time I go there :)

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Jerry has done a lot of work for me and he’s a cool dude. I use the dealership for warranty work or German Motorworks if I need something else done, because they’re like 10 mins away.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Are you talking about the white MK7 outside of his shop? I thought that belonged to a friend of his. I believe I saw a Stage 2+ badge, meaning it has an IS38. Jerry did promise me a ride in it next time I go there :)

Not sure who owns it but on my first visit he pulled it around front.
Looks similar to mine. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride.
A quick ride it was, and I was praying the brakes had some upgrades also.
He trouble shoots well and approaches issues by investigating first. Not guessing and changing parts. Since the visit my stage 1 TCU/ECU has done well.
Unitronic is a good choice. Need to line up the next visit soon.

Wonder if he works on Ford 2.3L Turbo's?

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
What shops would you recommend to install an aftermarket clutch?

I’ve gotten a couple quotes from European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet but they were high. As well, they refuse to install parts unless they purchase them.

Optimally, I plan to purchase the TTRS clutch parts myself and have a shop install the clutch along with the RMS. EM quoted over $2300 total.

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie

I’ve gotten a couple quotes from European Motorworks in Mt. Juliet but they were high. As well, they refuse to install parts unless they purchase them.

Optimally, I plan to purchase the TTRS clutch parts myself and have a shop install the clutch along with the RMS. EM quoted over $2300 total.

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

European Motorworks will do good work. On bringing your own parts. What did owner say? Why did he want to buy them? Did he not like what you purchased? I would understand him not wanting to install something that might not last. He is a GTI enthusiasts so not just a Master Mechanic. I will use them from now on. For my spring work I provided 034 Mounts and bolts. But he is an 034 dealer so might have been ok with my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Jerry has done a lot of work for me and he’s a cool dude. I use the dealership for warranty work or German Motorworks if I need something else done, because they’re like 10 mins away.

Wish he was 10min from me. A good hours drive. Have to drop and get a rental.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
European Motorworks will do good work. On bringing your own parts. What did owner say? Why did he want to buy them? Did he not like what you purchased? I would understand him not wanting to install something that might not last. He is a GTI enthusiasts so not just a Master Mechanic. I will use them from now on. For my spring work I provided 034 Mounts and bolts. But he is an 034 dealer so might have been ok with my choice.

Johnny (at EM) told me the owner wanted to buy them. The prices were higher than FCP’s, so I don’t know if they like to use their own vendors or what.

I just want the work to be done right, and at a good price.

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr

Thoughts?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI

That’s odd. He installed a clutch pack I bought 3 years ago for my Mk6’s DSG.