GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member from Brooklyn

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Hey all!

Back in June of 2018, my wife and I decided we'd like to have a car for various reasons. We set a budget and I found this gem. A single-owner 2015 Volkswagen GTI SE Coupe DSG in Reflex Silver Metallic, complete with performance, lighting, and other packages, with only 30K miles and bone stock. SOLD.

Being the gear head that I am, I found this forum and have been lurking ever since. Decided to finally make an account since I've been tinkering with the car a bit. Mods as of now are in my sig... pretty basic Stage 1+ so far. Probably will stay this way for the foreseeable future as well.

Looking forward to learning more about this great platform!

- BecauseMotor

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Congrats!

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Hello Brooklyn! What's your favorite pizza up there!? That car looks sharp.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Hey all!

Back in June of 2018, my wife and I decided we'd like to have a car for various reasons. We set a budget and I found this gem. A single-owner 2015 Volkswagen GTI SE Coupe DSG in Reflex Silver Metallic, complete with performance, lighting, and other packages, with only 30K miles and bone stock. SOLD.

Being the gear head that I am, I found this forum and have been lurking ever since. Decided to finally make an account since I've been tinkering with the car a bit. Mods as of now are in my sig... pretty basic Stage 1+ so far. Probably will stay this way for the foreseeable future as well.

Looking forward to learning more about this great platform!

- BecauseMotor

Congrats and welcome to the Vdub Community. I'm in Brooklyn also.

Damn really like this. I much prefer the 2dr to the 4dr but having a kid made that impossible for me. What part of bk are you in? I'm also in bk.

Maybe we need a Brooklyn meet? I know there was one in LI in Oceanside at a coffee shop called Caffeine. Maybe they will have one soon. It's in the regional forums of Vwvortex.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Hello Brooklyn! What's your favorite pizza up there!? That car looks sharp.

Yo! Thanks! Best pizza up here is Papa John's. Hands down. ;)

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion

Maybe we need a Brooklyn meet? I know there was one in LI in Oceanside at a coffee shop called Caffeine. Maybe they will have one soon. It's in the regional forums of Vwvortex.

Thanks yo! I'd love to meet some fellow VW owners around. Hit me up.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Thanks!

Thank you. It's a work in progress but it's getting there.

No kids means 2drs FTW lol
I'm in downtown bk.

I work in fort greene lol. My wife works on Jay street

yeah we need a brooklyn meet lol. I missed that meet in oceanside. I really wanted to go. In the summer, I go to the civic type r meets lol. Some pretty cool people there. Some pretty douchey ones too. But overall good time, and I like causing trouble with them :cool:

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I work in fort greene lol. My wife works on Jay street

Haha nice. Dog walks every morning at Fort Greene park! Just stalked your build thread... GORGEOUS ride yo!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Who needs a car in Brooklyn?! Just kidding.
I used to live in Midwood, Bay Ridge, and Brighton Beach. Good to see a fellow Brooklynite here. Enjoy modding!

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Who needs a car in Brooklyn?! Just kidding.
I used to live in Midwood, Bay Ridge, and Brighton Beach. Good to see a fellow Brooklynite here. Enjoy modding!

Funny thing is, 3 years ago when I moved here from Seattle, I thought the same thing. So, I sold my 2007 Pontiac G5.

3 years later, I now own this GTI, a Ducati, and a Triumph because no one drives in NYC. :rolleyes:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Funny thing is, 3 years ago when I moved here from Seattle, I thought the same thing. So, I sold my 2007 Pontiac G5.

3 years later, I now own this GTI, a Ducati, and a Triumph because no one drives in NYC. :rolleyes:

New Yorkers don't drive, they take leisurely motorized strolls. :)
As long as you are ok with NYC traffic, whatever makes you happy.
Props on that Triumph