GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Choke or forgot to brake the results are the same. Quite a screw up for a top level F1 driver. His teammate is faster than him & Max was also faster. There is desperation in the way Vettel is driving. That crash is something Maldonado would have done.

All that being said I hope Vettel can get his mojo back.

I read an article that this race verified Seb's decline. After Germany and all the races he screwed up in last year, I sort of agree.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
...and Lewis absolutely proved the haters can suck it, with that fastest lap at the end. Those tires were completely gone and he just cruised like it weren't no thang.

That is why I've been a fan of his since he came into F1. He has a natural gift.

I've never been a fan of his lifestyle of how he acts sometimes, but he IS going to be the greatest F1 driver of all time very soon.

Imagine how much more damage he could inflict if he left his jet-set lifestyle and just focused for the entire season?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
...the mercs to pull away.... instead of winning easily, they won super easily...

I'm rooting for Merc, but I'm very curious to see what happens after the summer break in Spa and Monza. Ferrari might take both races.

Fezza have the straight line advantage, so what upgrades will Merc bring by then.

armedferret

Ready to race!
That is why I've been a fan of his since he came into F1. He has a natural gift.

I've never been a fan of his lifestyle of how he acts sometimes, but he IS going to be the greatest F1 driver of all time very soon.

Imagine how much more damage he could inflict if he left his jet-set lifestyle and just focused for the entire season?

Socially he's weird, but hey it's his life and his money, good on him for enjoying the SHIT out of both.

He needs to hire someone to slap him before he goes out in public and say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING YOU MORON?!?!?" :D

LeClerc has the same gift he does. He also has the added bonus of NOT having Lewis' youthful temper. ;)

Norris is the quiet one to watch out for though. The McLarens are finally coming back into their own, but that kid is REALLY going to be a force with which many drivers will have to reckon.

Seb....I see as not renewing after 2020, at least not at Ferrari. They may try to snipe Lando or Max. Good luck getting Max out of the Red Bull, but they'll still try.

armedferret

Ready to race!
I'm rooting for Merc, but I'm very curious to see what happens after the summer break in Spa and Monza. Ferrari might take both races.

Fezza have the straight line advantage, so what upgrades will Merc bring by then.

They had the straight line advantage last year too, and it was what a couple dozen points between them and Merc going into summer break?

Yeah Ferrari won Spa, that was no surprise really. But almost the entire calendar otherwise was silver domination.

The gap going into the break is a bit more........pronounced this year lol. Merc leads Ferrari by almost all of Red Bull's points hahahaha.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
The thing is "straight line advantage" just means they are running less downforce, (the PUs are on par, give or take) and there is a reason for that, most likely their downforce package for that track wasnt as efficient as the others (eg. Mercedes). With a less efficient package, they cant afford to run as much aero, they would be "draggy" on the straights requiring more fuel, etc, while the downforce they put for the corners isnt as good as the others... so you run less df, use less fuel, and you get the benefit of higher straight line for challenging for the pass... but bringing in less dowfnroce than optimal means you already lost, this is why since 2014, the mercedes dont usually have the highest trap speeds, but always the fastest cornering speeds.....

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
The gap going into the break is a bit more........pronounced this year lol. Merc leads Ferrari by almost all of Red Bull's points hahahaha.

A lot of that "gap" is self-inflicted. Same as last year. And the years prior.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Even worse.....

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de...berholt-ferrari-zweite-kraft-hinter-mercedes/

Translation of the important bit:

New engine after summer break

"We have unleashed the potential of the car," Horner is happy about the good last two races. "We're now well positioned in fast and slow corners." Even Silverstone is no longer a fearful circuit for Red Bull. On 4,595 of the 5,891 metres the drivers are fully on the gas. That's where the engine comes in.

In qualifying, Red Bull Honda with its party mode has not the punch of the competition. But in the race, the Austro-Japanese connection is able to drive at high power on a permanent basis. In addition, the RB15 handles the tyres gently. Red Bull has therefore overtaken Ferrari in race trim.

"Our Quali-Pace is better than our speed in the race", Ferraris Charles Leclerc notes. "We have to work on that. Red Bull is better than us over the distance and keeps the tyres alive better". Even Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto has to admit. "After qualifying we had calculated more. Our race space wasn't good enough, but Red Bull is celebrating. "It was incredible how we could follow the Ferrari through Maggots, Becketts, Chapel. That's the highspeed meander at the back of the track. "Unfortunately, we were rarely able to show our true speed. We were behind a Ferrari for 99 percent of the race," says Horner. Red Bull is already fastest in another discipline. At Silverstone they changed tyres in 1.91 seconds. And the development steps at engine partner Honda also come quickly. It is said that the next expansion stage is already finished. It should bring about 25 HP, and Red Bull Honda thereby on the level of Mercedes lift. But the title favourite will add to the list itself. The revised Honda engine will be used after the summer break. Either in Spa or in Monza. "That depends on whether Honda brings further development this year. We also have to budget for our engine parts because of the impending penalties," explains Red Bull's Sports Director Marko.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oof. After looking to be the class of the field in practice, both Ferraris exit qualifying early. Vettel with no time; Leclerc with a turbo issue at start of Q3.

Also, the noses of the Mercedes are white this week? I missed the story on that. Is it for the home GP?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Oof. After looking to be the class of the field in practice, both Ferraris exit qualifying early. Vettel with no time; Leclerc with a turbo issue at start of Q3.

Also, the noses of the Mercedes are white this week? I missed the story on that. Is it for the home GP?

White nose to grey gradient is to celebrate 125 years of Merc motor racing. Legend has it, they scraped the white paint off to save weight hence Silver Arrows.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
White nose to grey gradient is to celebrate 125 years of Merc motor racing. Legend has it, they scraped the white paint off to save weight hence Silver Arrows.

Cool! Thanks.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
It’ll be exciting to see the “fully unlocked potential “ of the Honda engine battle it out with Merc.

Though, I was a critic at the start, I’m very happy to see them back! Especially in a team that can mold the next multiple WC, Max. But not til Hammy retires lol.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Wow Ferrari loses both cars. Vettel doesn't even post a time. They need to stop raiding the Fiat parts bin.

I hope Max makes a good start. If he does it could be an interesting race. I'm hoping for rain, that'll mix it up.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
And turns out, Lewis has the flu and isn’t 100%. Apparently, Toto was ready to let Ocon drive if Lewis didn’t show up.