GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I started doing my install of my PR MPI kit, well more or less getting things ready for this weekend, the instructions are simple and straightforward forward. I had bought a new extra intake manifold of ebay oem (150.00), I mainly bought it so if i get rid of the car i can put other i take back on and sell this complete.

First thing i did was I had to melt the brass fittings into the manifold, it's easy but it sucked, you have to set the brass on top of the hole and put a soldering gun with the tip removed and push, it will heat up and melt into the hole, I'm not the most coordinated so it took a bit

Second I got the injector prep tool and you have to put it on your drill, (dont over tighten the chuck it will distort the end) I did it and had to re shape it so the bit will go through, you drill the port till it stops going down the take the drill off leaving the prep tool in the port, take the supplies drill bit and drill the hole through the port, do it to all 4 one at a time

Third once that's all done you clean it up getting any burrs or rough edges off or anything that can interrupt flow. Get the injectors and lube up the o ring, I used oil and pop in the injectors lining up the notch on the manifold.

That's all I have done for now but its ready to put in this weekend, I will continue as I go and try and take more pictures

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Nice. Why do 2 injectors have red dots and 2 have yellow?
Good question I dont know lol I'll have to look at the instructions again, instructions dont say anything,

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I work with those brass, heat inserts semi-regularly. My tip is to take one and heat it until you see a coloration change in the "golden" brass finish. That is when you know it is to temp and ready for insertion.

Maybe not all are made equal, but the ones I work with from McMaster-Carr discolor. They darken and get slightly iridescent.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Nice work, yeah I'd check with PR into those dot colors. You got a flow matching sheet with the injectors?
I was going to say how the hell is your manifold so clean, but then I saw you bought a new one. Getting the rail on all 4 injectors can take some patience, I used that silicone grease it came with.
Also, I had to grind a small bit of metal flash off the top of the engine with a dremel to get the fuel line to connect at the passenger side of the rail without touching, you'll see where I mean. Very tight there.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Nice work, yeah I'd check with PR into those dot colors. You got a flow matching sheet with the injectors?
I was going to say how the hell is your manifold so clean, but then I saw you bought a new one. Getting the rail on all 4 injectors can take some patience, I used that silicone grease it came with.
Also, I had to grind a small bit of metal flash off the top of the engine with a dremel to get the fuel line to connect at the passenger side of the rail without touching, you'll see where I mean. Very tight there.

Ya there is a flow sheet with the injectors, I haven't noticed any grease in the kit, I'll look again, in the instructions pictures all you can see are 1 or 2 injectors and they have a yellow dot, I'll have to email PR.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ya I just traded my hpfp for a stock one, I might be upgrading from my waldron 450 up to the 525

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What a favorable trade for some lucky guy...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Lol with maybe more to come