GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
I just have to say, I am so happy with this mod, it has been on of my favorites by far..1) stage II tune, 2) 8" glass display

Carstream (to stream YT and any files on your phone) is by far the best thing to pair with this unit. My 2.5 year old appreciates when daddy throws on 'Shrek' for long car drives hahah. Performance Monitor for VAG and AA Mirror are also excellent. Anyone who has an iPhone and this screen is truly missing out. Get an Android phone or tablet to make use of these stellar third party apps!

Xdpker

Ready to race!
Carstream (to stream YT and any files on your phone) is by far the best thing to pair with this unit. My 2.5 year old appreciates when daddy throws on 'Shrek' for long car drives hahah. Performance Monitor for VAG and AA Mirror are also excellent. Anyone who has an iPhone and this screen is truly missing out. Get an Android phone or tablet to make use of these stellar third party apps!

Does carstream still work? I used to have it, but it didn't work after Android Auto updated to 3.x. Downgrading to 2.x doesn't work as the app forces you to upgrade.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I respectfully disagree :D

The display on the 8" glass is so much cleaner. Just finishing up the black interior trim swap as well on my 15'

Do you have the part number for that screen and surround?
5G6919605B is for NAV screens.

Somnus

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2008 A4
Do you have the part number for that screen and surround?
5G6919605B is for NAV screens.

5G6919605C is the screen part number I bought for my GTI with No nav button

5GM819728FQYI is the Trim part number for piano black

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!

Thanks Somnus, I didn't see his reply until today. You beat me to it.

You can use 5G1819728AGQYI OR 5GM819728FQYI for the screen trim. I went with AGQYI because it was $15 cheaper wholesale from VW. I paid $150 (family member cost) for the part.

Also, finished my Piano black interior swap. Looking mint now.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI

Thanks Somnus, I didn't see his reply until today. You beat me to it.

You can use 5G1819728AGQYI OR 5GM819728FQYI for the screen trim. I went with AGQYI because it was $15 cheaper wholesale from VW. I paid $150 (family member cost) for the part.

Also, finished my Piano black interior swap. Looking mint now.

That looks good. Thanks for the part numbers.
I don't want to be an ass but do you happen to have the other part numbers for the rest of the Piano Black trim? Or a link to the rest of the part numbers?
Thanks

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
That looks good. Thanks for the part numbers.
I don't want to be an ass but do you happen to have the other part numbers for the rest of the Piano Black trim? Or a link to the rest of the part numbers?
Thanks

My friend, I have an entire Google Doc dedicated to the MIB2 swap with part numbers for hardware, piano black trim, and Golf R beltline trim. I'll PM you the link.

pricej6361

Ready to race!
My friend, I have an entire Google Doc dedicated to the MIB2 swap with part numbers for hardware, piano black trim, and Golf R beltline trim. I'll PM you the link.

Would you mind sharing this with me too? I’m trying to decide which screen to upgrade to, and the different color bezel trim is the one thing holding me back from going the 8” glass route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
Does anyone here have a 2016 car and figured out how to get the "APP" button to work? Mine just doesn't do anything. I have the 8" glass euro screen connected to mib2 brains.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone here have a 2016 car and figured out how to get the "APP" button to work? Mine just doesn't do anything. I have the 8" glass euro screen connected to mib2 brains.

It will never work, I just use the Menu button.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie

Also interested in this. Doesn’t work on my 16 either.

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
are you sure it's not coding? I find it weird the app button works in some cars and doesn't work in other cars. Doesn't matter if it's 2016 or 2017... So what could it be?

Who knows, it seems like it should work. I know euro zone tuning sells their kits with the disclaimer that the app button doesn’t work and believe they did the research to see if they can bypass the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
If you guys are really concerned with having that button function properly just go on eBay and keep your eyes open for an 844A (assuming you're non-nav) and swap it in. I paid $50 shipped for mine from a 17' GTI S with 4k miles. All you 16' already have MIB2 so it's literally just a direct swap and removal of CP as all your FeC's will transfer right over.