GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 big turbo mpi dyno number/reliability

pieguy

Ready to race!
The UM car I was in with 4 bars from Bosch definitely had a bad idle. Some people just don't notice cause they don't care about minor fluctuation during idle.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
He should be sharing initial results soon.
Is he having it dyno tune on Jon's dyno or is Jon remote tuning it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Is he having it dyno tune on Jon's dyno or is Jon remote tuning it

Etuning. He has vdyno #s but he has compared vdyno results to a local dynojet and they were within a few hp of each other.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Etuning. He has vdyno #s but he has compared vdyno results to a local dynojet and they were within a few hp of each other.
Is he going to put it on an actual dyno though

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

RickyMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are my preliminary results with the M560is Turbo for those of you wondering, also are still a work in progress and not fully revised. These are Virtual dyno logs and dynojet results.

*(Its wierd that all Virtual dyno logs are close to dynojet results, except the m560is e48 which consistently shows more hp on the street logs than on dyno��*♂️)

*Havent ran 4 bar sensors on dyno yet

Turning up the boost on e48 with the new 4bar sensors is gonna be fun, but gonna have to keep the tq down for sure!

P.S. I have no idea if this dyno reads high or low and and just using it to compare gains. Not looking to get in a BS numbers argument! ��

ENJOY!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here are my preliminary results with the M560is Turbo for those of you wondering, also are still a work in progress and not fully revised. These are Virtual dyno logs and dynojet results.

*(Its wierd that all Virtual dyno logs are close to dynojet results, except the m560is e48 which consistently shows more hp on the street logs than on dyno��*[emoji3603])

*Havent ran 4 bar sensors on dyno yet

Turning up the boost on e48 with the new 4bar sensors is gonna be fun, but gonna have to keep the tq down for sure!

P.S. I have no idea if this dyno reads high or low and and just using it to compare gains. Not looking to get in a BS numbers argument! ��

ENJOY!
Good number very similar to mine

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
So I’ve been testing out the 4 bar sensor and there is definitely an issue at very low throttle angles right at the transition to decel. The sensor can’t read the high vacuum properly and results in -34% fuel trims and unstable a/f in that area. The result is a bit of a dead spot in the throttle in that transition as well as slightly jerky on/off throttle transition. This is most noticeable around 2000rpm in the 0-10% throttle range. I could see a lot of people not noticing or being bothered by the resulting drivability issue, but its not correct regardless. I’ve been able to smooth out the transition some with some tuning tricks, but at the end of the day, it’s just masking a real deficiency. For those talking about UM cars, I’ve only had one such car on my dyno, but that car also had a hard stutter at that spot, so I don’t think there’s anything too different going on.

FWIW, we’re at sea level and this issue would likely be much less prevalent or even cured at higher elevations. Maybe the folks reporting no issues are just at high enough elevations to get back into range of this sensor.

Thanks
— Ed

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
So I’ve been testing out the 4 bar sensor and there is definitely an issue at very low throttle angles right at the transition to decel. The sensor can’t read the high vacuum properly and results in -34% fuel trims and unstable a/f in that area. The result is a bit of a dead spot in the throttle in that transition as well as slightly jerky on/off throttle transition. This is most noticeable around 2000rpm in the 0-10% throttle range. I could see a lot of people not noticing or being bothered by the resulting drivability issue, but its not correct regardless. I’ve been able to smooth out the transition some with some tuning tricks, but at the end of the day, it’s just masking a real deficiency. For those talking about UM cars, I’ve only had one such car on my dyno, but that car also had a hard stutter at that spot, so I don’t think there’s anything too different going on.

FWIW, we’re at sea level and this issue would likely be much less prevalent or even cured at higher elevations. Maybe the folks reporting no issues are just at high enough elevations to get back into range of this sensor.

Thanks
— Ed

Bummer, I don't think I'm willing to deal with that on my daily driver.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
1000 above sea here

That’s likely just enough to mask 90% of the issue. I’d expect at 2000ft it would be completely undetectable.

— Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Bummer, I don't think I'm willing to deal with that on my daily driver.

No worries. I’ll be testing other solutions soon as this is not something I can live with on my daily either.

— Ed