GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Osram MK7 headlight housings - interested?

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Whoops. I meant to ask how many of you guys have ordered here before and how long does the item ship to us?

I haven’t ordered from them before, but it looks like they’re the only shop offering the headlights right now.

I wonder if the “sale” is actually a sale or whether it’s just a marketing move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EternalFury1

Passed Driver's Ed
i might just toftt because i don't like how ed's mk7.5 headlights for preface turned out to look like. I'm just waiting for osram news release.

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
The major benefits on these, besides the fact that they are true PnP, is that they use 25w D8S bulbs, they are ECE compliant, which makes them legal to run in the EU without washers or auto leveling.
This means you can pass your annual MOT test or equivalent without having to put in Halogen bulbs or even worse, swap out the entire housing back to OEM.

And to the comment about the DRL's changing color, being ricey and illegal, They only change between white and orange - I guess you forgot the DRL's in the 7.5 are also used for indicating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcMC6HnDas

moonYmoon

Hey guys, I had these on preorder since February and I was notified that the they’re in stock a couple days ago. If anyone is interested, I have contacted Frederik at Osram (f.kneer@osram.com) he helped me out find a US distributor which saved on shipping. Also, I was advised that they have lights for both the halogen and LED light package.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Hey guys, I had these on preorder since February and I was notified that the they’re in stock a couple days ago. If anyone is interested, I have contacted Frederik at Osram (f.kneer@osram.com) he helped me out find a US distributor which saved on shipping. Also, I was advised that they have lights for both the halogen and LED light package.

That’s great! Would you mind sharing the US distributor information?

moonYmoon

Were you able to purchase from their web portal or through an email?

Also how much USD are they being offered for ?

Sorry for the questions

No problem! I didn’t order directly from their website since the headlights wasn’t available on their website yet. Instead, I was told to make a 100€ deposit to put it on hold and pay the remaining 699€. As for shipping, they haven’t invoices me yet since I just paid the remaining balance today but was told it can be anywhere from $100-$200. By doing a quick Euro to USD conversion, it’s about $919.61...so shipped, around $1,200.00 give or take.

Hope that helps!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Not for nothing and not saying moonYmoon is scamming anyone, when a new product is being released and cannot be found by any vendors i would recommend using the official contact button on Osram's website and have someone from there tell you where you can order the product.

these headlights look great though IMO.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Also, I was advised that they have lights for both the halogen and LED light package.

While I think the OEM lighting package is great, I'm still definitely curious what Osram offers up for replacements on cars that came with the lighting package. Subscribed for info.

moonYmoon

Not for nothing and not saying moonYmoon is scamming anyone, when a new product is being released and cannot be found by any vendors i would recommend using the official contact button on Osram's website and have someone from there tell you where you can order the product.

these headlights look great though IMO.

I totally agree! I first saw these on a YouTube video by Sidney Industries which I tried contacting them without a reply (or I sent them an email they couldn’t understand cuz I was using google translate to German :p) which I then contacted Osram North America who then directed me to Osram Germany and kept in contact with Frederik.

Also, thank you 2slowvw for not calling/accusing me as a scammer :) lol

moonYmoon

While I think the OEM lighting package is great, I'm still definitely curious what Osram offers up for replacements on cars that came with the lighting package. Subscribed for info.

At first, I thought they were only available for the halogens but they asked me if I had the halogen or the lighting package and they needed to know cuz they had different plugs...so I’m assuming the style/look of the headlights might look similar!?