GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Active Info Display themes - coding spreadsheed

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
There are 3 coding/adaptation values responsible for the look of the Active Info Display (which is also known as Virtual Cockpit / Digital Dashboard), in module 17:

- Tube version (Adaptation, 0 to F)
- Display Depiction (Adaptation, Version 1 to 4)
- Vehicle Variant (Long Coding, 0 to F)

I've made a spreadsheet on Google docs that lists all 1024 combinations. I haven't tried them all 1024 yet, but feel free to join in on the analysis!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qSFO6heSD-25u7Vb-qOErBEkKQ4_UDQowUR8QTLNIF8/edit?usp=sharing

The following items change, depending on the TV, DD and VV:
- Whether or not there's a car graphic in the Hybrid energy flow tab
- Car type and amount of doors
- Color: Red, Blue, Gold or according to HMI Ambient coloring.
- Background: Black or colored dots or...?
- Dial/clocks theme. Tube Version is the leading coding for this: Standard (0,1), Alltrack(2), GTI(3), R(4), Minimalistic(5 and above), but the other parameters can change the look a lot.
- Other features (amount of dots on compass, R logo visible, etc).

Feel free to share your coding in this topic, or update the sheet with your info. Please keep the sheet nice and clean ;-)

NB: all my entries are based upon Software version 5G1920791A.

Example: All-track theme:

Example: Golf GTI logo, red:

Last edited:

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
This is excellent! I'm so glad to have come across your info.

So please help me understand how to apply the long coding for vehicle variant. Do you need to manually adjust the long coding string? I have successfully changed display depiction and tube variants, but haven't been able to figure out the vehicle variant.

For instance, what change must I make (and where) in order to apply "6" for the vehicle variant in long coding? I want to achieve the GTI red look. Or at the very least, Golf 4 door red theme.

Thank you again for spearheading this! Really appreciate your insights.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
edit, from the VCDS label files, long coding, Byte 02, bit 3-6:

This is great. I won't be able to jump in with VCDS until this evening, but I'll be sure to try this.

If I remember correctly, there aren't dropdown menus in this long coding module, so I'll have to replace the values manually. Correct?

So to get GTI (variant 6), replace the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th numbers in that byte to be "0110".

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
This is great. I won't be able to jump in with VCDS until this evening, but I'll be sure to try this.

If I remember correctly, there aren't dropdown menus in this long coding module, so I'll have to replace the values manually. Correct?

So to get GTI (variant 6), replace the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th numbers in that byte to be "0110".

exactly :)

If you want to have a really nice theme, try the following:
Vehicle Variant: 2 (red, 4 doors) or 3 (red, 2 doors)
Tube Version: 4 (R)
Display depiction: 3 (dots background)

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
exactly :)

If you want to have a really nice theme, try the following:
Vehicle Variant: 2 (red, 4 doors) or 3 (red, 2 doors)
Tube Version: 4 (R)
Display depiction: 3 (dots background)

I can't tell you how thankful I am for your help on this. Can't wait to leave the office and try this! :D

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I can't tell you how thankful I am for your help on this. Can't wait to leave the office and try this! :D

:cool:

You can also turn your car into an R by having an R-logo in the display ;-)
And... if you have RGB ambient lighting in your car, you can have the AID in your ambient coloring, but I haven't found the right coding for this yet.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Are you able to change the Golf to be blue instead of silver?

The graphic itself? Not by coding. But it's on my to-do list, although I don't think it will be as easy as doing it on MIB1&2 like I did before. The AID has no debug interface that's easily accessible, but with the right amount of time and some DIY electronics work to build an interface, I'm sure I can get somewhere.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help! I was able to successfully change my coding to enable the theme you recommended. It looks incredible!

I should note that VCDS did indeed have a dropdown in Module 17, Byte 2. I was under the impression this whole time that both dropdowns were related to the fuel tank. But of course, only the top menu is, while the lower dropdown is for vehicle variant.

So happy with this outcome - thank you again!

IMG_0182 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help! I was able to successfully change my coding to enable the theme you recommended. It looks incredible!

I should note that VCDS did indeed have a dropdown in Module 17, Byte 2. I was under the impression this whole time that both dropdowns were related to the fuel tank. But of course, only the top menu is, while the lower dropdown is for vehicle variant.

So happy with this outcome - thank you again!

IMG_0182 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

I’m confused. Your sig states you have a 2015 GTI. But this is for cars with virtual cockpit which would Be MK7.5 Golf R in the states only or an Audi. I’m guessing you’ve upgraded to a Golf R.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I’m confused. Your sig states you have a 2015 GTI. But this is for cars with virtual cockpit which would Be MK7.5 Golf R in the states only or an Audi. I’m guessing you’ve upgraded to a Golf R.
He retrofitted that bad boy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

He retrofitted that bad boy

Correct! Its a retrofit indeed. Still my 2015 GTI :D

BronxBomber

Ready to race!