GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP JB1 acting up

elamothe15

Ready to race!
I tried changing from Map 0 to Map 1 yesterday. I had it at the stock Map 0 as I was breaking in the new clutch I installed recently. Anyways, when I went to change maps through the JB4 app on my computer, I selected Map 1 and the window to the left showing the map changed to a random number (e.g. 155). I couldn’t change the number in the window directly to 1.

Then when I tried changing to Map 6 the window to the left changed to yet another random number. Then all of the numbers in the window (boost per rpm, meth values, etc.) all changed to random numbers as well.
At this point I was getting errors as the boost per rpm values were above 25. When I disconnected and reconnected with the JB4 software on my computer the unit still read Map 0). I then left it alone as it was late at night so I decided to tackle it after work today.

I contacted George and he told me some settings to update for Map 1 but the unit won’t even let me save them. He said that the cable may be loose so I ensure to tighten the screws on the cable too. The data cable while a year old has only been used a couple times and only to change maps. I just removed the unit for now as I don’t want to damage my car.

Any idea what’s going on? Has anyone else had this issue?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

I actually haven’t. I’m going to try that tomrw since I’ll have more time. Burger Tuning also suggest to do it on a windows instead of a Mac too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Well I got the issue resolved. I tried using a windows computer and was able fix everything.

Seems to be on the Mac end of things (not sure if it’s mine or the software). I tried reinstalling the JB4 app but still had the same issue.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Do you have the proper communication bus settings on your computer? I'm on windows and you need to edit the settings for the com port you are using

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Well I got the issue resolved. I tried using a windows computer and was able fix everything.

Seems to be on the Mac end of things (not sure if it’s mine or the software). I tried reinstalling the JB4 app but still had the same issue.

I had the same exact problem with my first JB4 unit. I also used a MAC and was told it wasn't the software, however, I could not fix the issue by using windows. I was shipped a new unit to try and never had the issue again but I also never used my MAC again as I upgraded to the bluetooth module and phone app with the new JB4 unit. I was pretty sure the Mac software was to blame.