GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Exhaust Different Than MK7?

Cerb3rus_MK7

I just bought a new 2018 GTI SE and was looking at downpipes and exhaust on the AWE website, and noticed they have exhausts for the MK7 AND MK7.5. I thought besides the facelift and cosmetic stuff (besides PP upgrade becoming standard now) that the exhausts are the same.

Anyone know if there's any difference?

sesser

From what I’ve seen/read, the exhaust tips are different distance apart and larger diameter. Other bits maybe different too.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
From what I’ve seen/read, the exhaust tips are different distance apart and larger diameter. Other bits maybe different too.

The internals are the same as before, just larger tips that are slightly wider apart. Tips are now about the same size as the Clubsport (/S) muffler.

Cerb3rus_MK7

Damn, that severely limits my exhaust options then. The only MK7.5 Specific set that I could find is from AWE....

Anyone heard of any othere MK7.5 specific exhausts? If not i guess im going AWE track edition.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Damn, that severely limits my exhaust options then. The only MK7.5 Specific set that I could find is from AWE....

Anyone heard of any othere MK7.5 specific exhausts? If not i guess im going AWE track edition.

If you wait a few more months there will probably be more options. I know as of right now Remus has a dual and quad exhaust option for the 7.5. Myself personally am waiting to see when/if the TCR is being released as I am eyeing the diffuser and exhaust/muffler that it comes with.

.clipse

reviving this old thread. besides extending the exhaust tips, is the piping the same from a mk7 to mk7.5 gti? if i were to get a mk7 exhaust will all i need to do is have an exhaust shop extend the tips?

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
reviving this old thread. besides extending the exhaust tips, is the piping the same from a mk7 to mk7.5 gti? if i were to get a mk7 exhaust will all i need to do is have an exhaust shop extend the tips?

I purchased the Mk7 Clubsport S muffler and just had an exhaust shop extended each side between 1-2 inches on my mk7.5. That’s only axel back so I can’t speak to the rest of the exhaust system.

ttmash

APR just came out with their MK7.5 exhaust. Just got mine installed. Amazing sound. I love it so far.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Wider, not extended, but yes that’s all you need

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I have a 2018 golf R and I went with a Remus non resonated catback. No fitment issues and I even made sure with the shop I bought it from and they confirmed with Remus it would fit. It’s not cheap, but sounds amazing and I keep the valves. Can’t wait to get a downpipe

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I just bought a new 2018 GTI SE and was looking at downpipes and exhaust on the AWE website, and noticed they have exhausts for the MK7 AND MK7.5. I thought besides the facelift and cosmetic stuff (besides PP upgrade becoming standard now) that the exhausts are the same.

Anyone know if there's any difference?

"Facelift and cosmetic stuff" includes the rear valence which has the tips spaced out differently

.clipse

Wider, not extended, but yes that’s all you need

Wow if that's the case, then all mk7 exhausts are fair game for mk7.5's. Sure the muffler would need the tips to be extended/widened, but finding a used CBE would be easier (and cheaper) to find.

Gr8ful1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a facelift GTi and wanted a Borla Cat-Back. The part numbers are different and I got 7.5 one. I just installed A week ago and it’s fit and finish is very good. Sound is good also, loud at wot but mellow at cruise. If it’s to loud for some, Borla makes resonator that fits right in. I don’t have any of the anoying drone even without it.
My $.02 worth.