GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sunroof won’t close

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Are you sure you have a sunroof and some one didn't just sawzall your roof and break in?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Does the car have power? By that I mean, is the battery dead? Can you start the car?

Sorry, I'm just having fun and totally being a dick.

Have you tried restarting the computer? Is the computer plugged into a power outlet? Have you pressed the power button?

On a real note, if you have kessy have you pressed your hand against the lock sensor for an extended period of time to close all the windows? Does the sunroof still not close? If you don't have kessy, insert the key into the lock and perform the lock action, then hold the key there to roll up all the windows and close the sunroof. Does that operate it? The opposite also works (key in unlock position, or hand in unlock position) to roll all the windows down and fully open the sunroof.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I've had this issue before, a few times. Trying to remember what made it snap back to normal. I want to say it involved using my FOB to force it to close (I enabled the windows up/down option with VCDS). You'd hold the interior button forward, it would go down and close, but pop back up as soon as you let go.

ben tumbling

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had this issue before, a few times. Trying to remember what made it snap back to normal. I want to say it involved using my FOB to force it to close (I enabled the windows up/down option with VCDS). You'd hold the interior button forward, it would go down and close, but pop back up as soon as you let go.

mine wouldn’t budge at all

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
lol i have kessy and tried closing with the windows down and it only worked for the windows not the sunroof.

Sounds like a bad motor then. There is a chance it could be a module that failed, but I'm not 100% about that.

Edit: I'm glad you saw the humor though!

ben tumbling

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like a bad motor then. There is a chance it could be a module that failed, but I'm not 100% about that.

Edit: I'm glad you saw the humor though!

yea people now are too serious! anyways i found a diagram of the sunroof and saw where the motor is located and this morning gave it some pounding to wake it up and it worked! new technology problem, old school solution haha