GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Just got mine in.

Looks like it arrived in good shape, brackets bent or anything?

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I love the fact that the free shipping from China was faster than ECS free shipping and they're in OH and I live in PA..

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Looks like it arrived in good shape, brackets bent or anything?
Everything looks good. Brackets dont appear to be bent. The packaging was nicely done. Bubble wrap all the things!

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Stupid question time: does this go in conjunction with an FMIC/Majesty/whatever one, or in place of? Sorry, don't have the car yet to poke my head under and verify. :p
This version is front mount that goes in addition to the stock ic

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Thanks! So sounds like pair with an upgrade to IC as well for a pretty good setup.
Some here have said that it would be overkill to pair with an aftermarket intercooler, unless you are going big turbo. Even then you might experience pressure drop. See what results you get first and then make that decision.

Martin398

Ready to race!
How are people feeling about using the hoses that come with the knockoffs, are they safe to use? good experience?

the included hoses work fine. small issue with sizing on the connection to the stock IC but there are some simple options to resolve... maybe a page or two back in the thread.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
How are people feeling about using the hoses that come with the knockoffs, are they safe to use? good experience?

I ordered a 2.25 small silicon coupler to use on the stock IC side to snug up the fit as other users suggested. Was only a few dollars on amazon. i haven't installed yet though so no other input than that.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Install is tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

heatpro

I ordered a 2.25 small silicon coupler to use on the stock IC side to snug up the fit as other users suggested. Was only a few dollars on amazon. i haven't installed yet though so no other input than that.

Can you send me the link to those, want to keep handy when i buy the IC