GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the forum - 2018 R in Deep Violet Pearl

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
Hi there,
I recently traded my 2017 R for a new 2018 R w/t DSG. This one has one of those new optional colors available in Canada and I believe it is called Deep Violet Pearl. It definitely is a funky color and changes hues depending on the light and angle at which you are viewing it from. I have been a vintage muscle car guy most of my life but these new hot hatches are a lot of fun. I am really surprised at the agility and power. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a 4 cylinder having this kind of power. Here are some pictures I took with my iPhone in not so good weather. It still feels like winter in Ontario even though they say it's spring :rolleyes:

GolfR IMG_2784 (002).jpg

GOLF R IMG_2785 (003).jpg

IMG_2664 (002).jpg

Looking forward to the interactions with the group

Last edited:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Very cool!!! We don’t get any of the crazy color options. I like it, definitely different!

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
Beautiful color choice. If the US got the custom colors, that would be near the top of the list. Which front license plate holder are you using?

I bought this from Hoag who is on VW Vortex ... I am not a member of that forum but someone pointed me to him. I can't remember his handle but I will let you know when I find it again. It is custom 3d printer for a perfect fit

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Saw that purple color at the car show and am very jealous. Wish this was an option on the GTI.