GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 Hybrid IS38 + Freektune Dyno Results!!

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Before and After Results!

A Comparison between my old FBO IS20 set up vs my new FBO DBV2 IS38 Hybrid set up.

No 1/4 Mile numbers yet. On my old set up I was able to trap 111 @13.4 =(. 6MT + Street tires = Terrible 60FT (2.5)

Ill post more info on my modifications in a bit, but I figured this would be interesting enough to post.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Excited to see the 1/4 results, you're gonna love the turbo!

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Nice numbers. How is that Forge twintercooler working in regards to Temps on back to back pulls on both is20 and now your is38, as well as pressure drop?
Once again, very strong numbers.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Perfect example to show how misleading "peak" numbers are. Torque is only 14 ft/lbs more at peak - but look at the spread from 4k as it holds that out to redline. Very nice!

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Obviously these dyno graphs are fake.

Everyone knows an IS20 faceplants at 5,000 RPM and could never carry power that far.

I'm kidding, but half the members of GMk7 actually believe that.

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't see the results :(

augiec

Passed Driver's Ed
Google chrome? If not, why not?

Lol, Chrome, but at work. Might be blocked by websense. I'll check on my phone later.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Takes till 4200 rpms for it to pass the is20 though. What hybrid? Freaktune? Thought Jay said that is Walmart. :).

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
great numbers, just curious on what gas you ran for both turbos and what boost level were you running for both turbos?

93 + WMI 50/50 on both. On the IS20 it was 26. IS38 its 28.5 . This may change in a few weeks. Still more power left to be made from this turbo. We both had time constraints yesterday with our personal lives. Round 2 should be interesting though. Planning to go 100% Meth next time.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Nice numbers. How is that Forge twintercooler working in regards to Temps on back to back pulls on both is20 and now your is38, as well as pressure drop?
Once again, very strong numbers.

Forge twintercooler held off very well on both set ups! back to back. I remember doing at least 6-7 runs back to back on the is20 until we finally had it cool down a bit. This was during the summer time too. Once we got it dialed down, we then started tuning for the 93 + water methanol.

On the is38, it ran all day no breaks. Being that its 30 degrees here helped a bit. IS38 hybrid is also 93 + water methanol 50/50.

As for pressure drop I cant really answer that. Low end power was sacrificed to gain top end power. Which is very typical trade off when going from is20 to is38. But adding the intercooler to my is20, I didn't notice any pressure drop.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Obviously these dyno graphs are fake.

Everyone knows an IS20 faceplants at 5,000 RPM and could never carry power that far.

I'm kidding, but half the members of GMk7 actually believe that.

Dude your shit on Uni was never making these kinda torque numbers on is20. Lol. You gotta be shitten your pants on Strat tune down low.