GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New owner saying "Hello!"

WASTGTI17

Passed Driver's Ed
Just purchased a new 2017 GTI Sport. Doing my best at scouring these forums for info and bookmarking everything interesting. Pretty stoked about the GTI and the fact of these forums existing! I am residing in Puyallup, WA.

Loonster

Ready to race!
Just purchased a new 2017 GTI Sport. Doing my best at scouring these forums for info and bookmarking everything interesting. Pretty stoked about the GTI and the fact of these forums existing! I am residing in Puyallup, WA.

Welcome to the forum...

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
WELCOME! Hope you enjoy the ride and the forum.

Rgraphic

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up a GTI MK7 SE in December. Already driving me crazy with creaks and rattles. Haha. Other than that I love it.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
So - 1st, get a JB4. Thank me later.

2nd - ditch those garbage Cinturatos. They are awful for the amount of rain we get. Conti DWS are great, or go for a set of winters and a set of summers.

3rd - Turn off the soundaktor with VCDS and enjoy the engine sounds! PM me if you need help with this - I can help you out with coding.

Welcome to the club!

WASTGTI17

Passed Driver's Ed
So - 1st, get a JB4. Thank me later.

2nd - ditch those garbage Cinturatos. They are awful for the amount of rain we get. Conti DWS are great, or go for a set of winters and a set of summers.

3rd - Turn off the soundaktor with VCDS and enjoy the engine sounds! PM me if you need help with this - I can help you out with coding.

Welcome to the club!

Some solid advice. thanks much. Some questions.

1) If I go JB4 will I be able to run a ECU tune down the road along with the JB4?

2) Yea, new tires probably first for me, looked these up and they seem to fit well for the West Coast of WA state

3) Already bought a OBDeleven, loaded the software on my phone and looked at the apps, but still have not done anything to my car. Kind of weary, as I am 100% new to car modding.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Some solid advice. thanks much. Some questions.

1) If I go JB4 will I be able to run a ECU tune down the road along with the JB4?

2) Yea, new tires probably first for me, looked these up and they seem to fit well for the West Coast of WA state

3) Already bought a OBDeleven, loaded the software on my phone and looked at the apps, but still have not done anything to my car. Kind of weary, as I am 100% new to car modding.

1- Yes, there's a few who do tune+jb4 stacks. I think most people who run it use the JB4 for Water/Meth injection. You'll have to be careful though and work with George@BMS closely if you want to stack.

Where in WA are you located?

jrenriquez23

Hello everyone! New here. I have a 2018 GTI S, 6 speed manual. I'm considering APR Stage 1 tune, but kinda worried about my warranty. Any other tunes that is not detectable? Thanks!

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Hello everyone! New here. I have a 2018 GTI S, 6 speed manual. I'm considering APR Stage 1 tune, but kinda worried about my warranty. Any other tunes that is not detectable? Thanks!

Piggyback tunes are the only ones that don't flash the ECU. Warranty shouldn't be an issue as long as you remove the device before getting any work at a dealership. I don't think they can manually flag you but they can definitely put notes in or take pictures of the piggyback tune if ever you needed engine/powertrain related warranty work in the future. Which is why it's recommended to always remove them even for basic dealer oil changes.

Highly recommend JB4.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

You have two options:

APR Plus (ECU tune with included mechanical breakdown insurance, allows for installation of Stage 1 APR parts)

JB4 (piggyback with logging ability and tons of power gain potential/customizability)

APR Plus is $1099, someone in the private sale forums is selling a JB4 for $300 shipped right now.

Regardless of which option you chooss, set aside 1K+ for a clutch replacement in the next year.

SouthSideGti

Ready to race!
OP, You going to the Sumerian VW car meet tomorrow?