GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best exhaust system?

sf_

I want something that's decently loud, minimal drone, lots of pop and bangs with a deep tone to it. I want to keep the original downpipe. Personally, I was thinking about the Clubsport S catback with a resonator delete. Let me know what you guys think! I have a 2017 GTI Sport DSG.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is that the suitcase muffler you deleted? Sounds pretty quiet for no muffler and you're still getting pops.

Correct, it bolts on just like a CSS muffler replacing the factory suitcase muffler.

It’s louder than my catted/resonated/single muffler TBE by a bit. Sounds crisp and aggressive without being droney or tin can ish like some options

Not my car, I built that one for a buddy at work

smgti15

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently installed a used Corsa performance cat back. I have been very happy with it. Great tone, louder than stock but very tame and easy to get used to.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
If you're remotely picky about exhaust tone, I'd advise against the simpler muffler delete. It sounds extremely flat with no depth to the sound. I never picked up on that from any of the youtube videos as it's near impossible to capture that aspect on a video for any exhaust. But I lasted a total of 24 hours with my muffler delete before I went back to have the original muffler welded back on. Sounded like any random 4cyl car with a rusted off muffler.

I've heard an AWE track in person, and it sounds significantly better, and the sound actually has depth to it as well. I'll be buying one this spring for sure.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
I love my AWE track. I think it is hands down the best sounding exhaust for these vehicles. Obviously, everyone has different taste though.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I want to get a valved system for the car but it looks like the only options is FI and maybe IPE. Hopefully someone else comes out with a more affordable valved option.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I want something that's decently loud, minimal drone, lots of pop and bangs with a deep tone to it. I want to keep the original downpipe. Personally, I was thinking about the Clubsport S catback with a resonator delete. Let me know what you guys think! I have a 2017 GTI Sport DSG.

Word of warning from the old...... Reasonably loud is fine but on longer trips it gets vert tiring. Any drone is very tiring at any time and you want zero drone to start with.

You can ruin your car by putting the wrong exhaust on so don't jump into anything as I did years ago. until researched properly.

Personally I have a Remus Axle back and get no drone at all and normal driving it sounds deeper but only slightly louder than stock. When you out your foot down it all changes and you get the sound you want.