GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will_s Night Blue GTI daily turned track build

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Haven’t updated in a while. New tires and spacers today. Finally have the wheel/tire setup I always wanted. Very happy with it. Up next is probably Golf R replicas or a new muffler. I’m getting quite sick of my muffler deletes drone and the resonance causes vibration which causes rattling. Fairly annoying. So probably going to switch to something a little quieter.

APR Springs with 235/40/R18 Continental ECS wrapped over Enkei TY-5 18x8 ET 45 with 5mm/10mm spacers.

Pics as she sits now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SG_MK5

Car(s)
'04 Golf MK5
The wheel/tire setup looks spot on! Are they still 225/40? They look a little bit bigger.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
DeAutoLED license plate lights today. Also did the rear wiper delete a few weeks ago.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Loving the build. Tell us more about the drive with the APR lowering springs. The good, the bad and the ugly. Overall worth it?

I have had no complaints so far. I think the height level is perfect, I generally don’t have any issues with clearance/scraping. According to APR I believe the springs are about 20% stiffer than stock, and I’d say that’s about right. Car corners a lot flatter for sure. I commute 40 miles a day and rarely encounter a situation where I think “this rides too harsh”. I’m still on stock shocks though, which I’ll be switching out soon, so I’m interested to see how that changes things. There were a few new creaks and noises that begin when I installed, although I don’t blame the springs at all for that, that’s just a byproduct of changing suspension. Overall though, 10/10 would install again.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
finally a good photo of apr lowering springs with 235/40/18. definitely gonna be my choice when i lower

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
finally a good photo of apr lowering springs with 235/40/18. definitely gonna be my choice when i lower

Exactly what I was thinking....but then I always end up wondering if I should get struts also. And at that point, do I just bite the bullet and go with a set of okay coils?

Love the first set of shots you took of the car. Very nice!

-Martin

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Here’s a few more random photos that may give you a better sense of the height/setup. These are all with the current setup.

And next to my parking buddy at work

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
After going through several iterations I finally decided on putting my front plate back on. Added a Klii motorwerks license plate frame and rear mirror cover. On the downside I cracked my fucking windshield putting the mirror back on. Such a stupidly designed piece that it doesn’t just snap right back in. Had to remove the inner tensioning ring do it without cracking the windshield further. There goes $500

Waiting patiently for my Eds Golf R replicas to arrive. Will add those and my chrome stripped grille hopefully this coming week or next.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Ed’s Golf R reps and chrome grille. Install was fairly easy but mounting the ballasts was annoying. Very happy! Also new windshield this weekend. Think I’m done with cosmetic mods for awhile, car looks how I want it.

Before

After