GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 034Motorsports Dynamic+ Lowering Springs

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thoughts on these new dual-rate, moderate drop (~1” for GTI), no reverse take lowering springs?

Previously posted on Vortex in combo thread with their new camber plates...

Dynamic+ Lowering Springs were engineered and tested in-house at 034Motorsport to deliver superb ride quality and optimal handling performance. Designed to as a true no-compromise solution, Dynamic+ Lowering Springs provide an aggressive yet functional stance, and reward drivers with precise vehicle control and OEM+ comfort levels.

Dynamic+ Lowering Springs were thoroughly evaluated on the street and track on 034Motorsport's Mk7 Volkswagen GTI Development Vehicle, and by independent VW enthusiasts before release. The selected spring rates, unique dual-rate spring design, and ride height are the culmination of months testing - thousands of miles of commuting and countless track days - resulting in a lowering kit that is perfectly matched to the factory dampers.

Each set of Dynamic+ Lowering Springs is manufactured in the USA at an ISO 9001 certified facility, and tested to 034Motorsport's exacting specifications to ensure they deliver unmatched levels of handling performance. These springs are the ideal suspension solution for the discerning Golf/GTI owner who desires to lower their vehicle and enhance their driving experience.

Features:

• Approximately 1.1" (GTI) or 1.5" (Golf) of Lowering with Perfect, Functional Stance - No Reverse Rake!

• Improved Handling Performance & Chassis Dynamics

• Reduced Body Roll & Understeer

• Superb Comfort & Ride Quality

• Compatible with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)

• Lightweight, High-Strength Construction

• Shot Peened & Powdercoated

• Made in USA at ISO 9001 Certified Facility

Ride Height:

o MkVII Volkswagen GTI

- Front - Approximately 1.0" - 1.1" Lower

- Rear - Approximately 1.0" - 1.1" Lower

o MkVII Volkswagen Golf

- Front - Approximately 1.4" - 1.5" Lower

- Rear - Approximately 1.4" - 1.5" Lower

Effective Spring Rates:

- Front - 210 Pounds/Inch

- Rear - 280 Pounds/Inch

Fitment:

o 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf (MkVII)

o 2015 - Present Volkswagen GTI (MkVII)

o 2015 - Present Volkswagen eGolf (MkVII)

o Please Note: Dynamic+ Lowering Springs are compatible with both Standard Suspension and Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) equipped vehicles.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I like the moderate drop (similar to DG springs) for the sake of stock suspension component longevity. But not sure how these would ride (dual-rate) compared to the DG springs (linear).

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
I like the fact that they've used the factory dampers as a match to these and kept the spring rates low. I actually really enjoy the OEM ride both on the street and the circuit (even though it rolls pretty hard). These, plus a rear sway bar upgrade should make a notable difference on a street car.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
They seem pretty much the same to every other "sport" spring out there...1.1" drop, spring rates in the 200-300 range. Between the drop and the spring rates I'd argue these are considerably different than the DGs. They look linear to me though. The tight coils on the rears should be dead coils that collapse together once under load, leaving you with a linear feel.

The main downsides to me are that they are brand new and over $300. I'm also not buying the "no compromise" marketing BS. It's good to know they've been testing for a while with their in-house GTI but hard to imagine no compromises when you hit rail road tracks, metal plates, potholes, etc. Something's gotta give.

I do have confidence in 034 products, I just wish they didn't go as aggressive on the drop, and they had intro pricing. $310 is a lot to test something new.

Having said all that, these may be on the short list for me as I consider moving back to springs/sport dampers instead of coils.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
They seem pretty much the same to every other "sport" spring out there...1.1" drop, spring rates in the 200-300 range. Between the drop and the spring rates I'd argue these are considerably different than the DGs. They look linear to me though. The tight coils on the rears should be dead coils that collapse together once under load, leaving you with a linear feel.

The main downsides to me are that they are brand new and over $300. I'm also not buying the "no compromise" marketing BS. It's good to know they've been testing for a while with their in-house GTI but hard to imagine no compromises when you hit rail road tracks, metal plates, potholes, etc. Something's gotta give.

I do have confidence in 034 products, I just wish they didn't go as aggressive on the drop, and they had intro pricing. $310 is a lot to test something new.

Having said all that, these may be on the short list for me as I consider moving back to springs/sport dampers instead of coils.

Having said this, do you feel another company has approached this type of product more efficiently, at a better price point? I'm genuinely curious, as I'm in the market.

Coming from the Honda camp for 15+ years, I'm still floored at how complicated the prospect of lowering the GTI is. I'm getting quotes of up and over $1,000 cdn, 6+h of labor, and a multitude of "extras" like strut bearings, new mounts, etc. just to purchase and install a set of mild lowering springs (like these 034's) on the OEM dampers which should be MORE than adequate to handle them! I suppose that was an additional benefit of Honda double-wishbone suspension; 2h tops to replace springs start to finish. This just seems nuts to me. Am I missing something?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I personally wouldn’t plan to factor in any extra parts if going moderate drop (DG or these) and relatively low mileage on the car. Should just be springs, install labour, and alignment.

Local place here in Vancouver quoted me $400 labour and $120 alignment. DG springs can be sourced for $320 CAD, maybe less.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I paid a local VW mechanic that does side work 300usd. Took him just under 2.5 hours.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
CDM, check my build thread. There’s a suspension install thread I cobbled together there. The install is definitely doable but it’s no joke. 4 hours is about average for the job, but even 034 themselves quoted me 6 hours (local to me) before I decided to do it myself.

As for springs, it’s all personal preference. I’d argue though that the OEM Sachs dampers can’t handle anything you throw at them long-term, despite companies saying their springs are perfectly matched. Just think about it before you shell out $$ on an install and alignment for springs alone. If you like wrenching look into doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Input from Stefan at 034 based on some questions I had on their R&D:

These were tested on our MK7 Gti for over a year with different variations until we found the right combo. The way we design springs is completely different than the competition as we design model specific springs. These springs were designed just for the Gti and we do not recommend them for the Golf R. The S3 which is the same platform and suspension has its own specific springs we designed for it

These have been test on multiple tracks including laguna seca, thunderhill, and Sonoma. These springs have been daily driven on the employees car and tested by the owner to make sure it meets the requirements. So simple commute in traffic and tested on long distance driving between 400-1000 miles through death valley and Los Angeles.

Most companies just create a formula in a computer based on weight and then the pop up a spring that fits all the same chassis car. So if you notice they will sell springs that fit the Golf R, Audi TT, Mk7 gti, and Golf R. The issue is the weight distribution as well as the shocks on all these cars. So we may no be the first to market but overall our springs will be a better setup for people looking to go slightly lower with less body roll and stock comfort.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Lol $310, 034 is 10-40% overpriced on EVERYTHING they sell.

It's also funny how they claim "no reverse rake" then post a picture with reverse rake.

For what it's worth I have VWR and Audi rear spring pads (because I'm 6MT, which is lighter than DSG). Sits nice, rides near stock, not low enough to piss off my wife.

Others have great like with DG springs for a more mild drop, or ED for comparable to VWR

Here's mine

Apparently I subconsciously think my car looks better from the right side

Also, in before "front suspension noise over bumps"...please never use airtools on strut mounts and bearings. Use new hardware and proper tooling + a torque wrench. It'll save you tons of time and money

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
ECS has the DG springs for $276. So not much difference there. Oh but Shopdap has them for $225. Ok I gotcha now.

Jetbill

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed the new 034 springs recently with the new camber mounts with great success. Previously had VWR and Neuspeed sport on factor DCC shocks. Couldn't be happier with the ride quality and performance.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Why so many spring swaps?

teemmy

Ready to race!
Installed the new 034 springs recently with the new camber mounts with great success. Previously had VWR and Neuspeed sport on factor DCC shocks. Couldn't be happier with the ride quality and performance.

Have you gotten an alignment yet? I'm curious what your total camber is with the added drop and with the camber mounts. I think they're advertised to add about 1.5° more... I'm already at 1.6° with VWR springs so 3.0° seems way too much for me. It would be nice if 034 offered something less than an additional 1.5°

Jetbill

Passed Driver's Ed
Why so many spring swaps?
I'm a bit picky...not a big fan of riding on bump stops. I did trim the top of the front and rear 0.5" as well. Massive improvement in ride quality and overall mechanical grip. One track day on each set , these feel the best.

Have you gotten an alignment yet? I'm curious what your total camber is with the added drop and with the camber mounts. I think they're advertised to add about 1.5° more... I'm already at 1.6° with VWR springs so 3.0° seems way too much for me. It would be nice if 034 offered something less than an additional 1.5°
1.0 springs only, 2.56 degrees camber with the 034 camber mounts. Running 1.5 in the rear , 0 front toe and 1/8 total rear toe (eibach front and 034 rear bars). Car feels perfect.