GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
This is always a popular topic on Omega forums.

I've read a bunch of the threads. No one really knows, but at the end of the day the watches are all (more or less) readily available from gray market dealers and authorized dealers confirm they hold inventory in the back for vip customers and never put them in the case. It's a problem Rolex could solve if they were motivated to do so. Clearly they aren't for whatever reason.

The only comparable situation I can think of is Ferrari (although I've been told there are designer hand bags with similar supply 'issues'), where you can't walk into a dealer off the street and buy a new 488 even if you bring a sack of cash and will pay in full on the spot, they'll make you buy a used car or less desirable model first and then maybe you can get something in the future if grow your relationship.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Haven't checked this thread in a bit, glad to see it alive and kicking! :D

Love that batman, looks great on the jubilee.

Nothing new with me, still rocking the black bay GMT every day. The lume on it is killer compared to anything else I've had.

There are still other watches I have a soft spot for and wouldn't mind owning one day, but I feel no real need for another watch at this point, and am completely happy with the Tudor.

Before this watch even existed my "grail" was the GMT Master II 1675, and completely out of reach due to prices (and still is, and probably always will be). I had just an inkling in the back of my mind that this Tudor, which of course shares a lot of design and functional similarities, might not 100% live up to the dream watch, or might feel like a copy cat -- Tudor simply cashing in on Rolex's design. But since owning it for almost a year I've realized it's really it's own thing, and I actually prefer a lot of the design aspects, like the muted bezel colors for example, which in my opinion look fantastic in almost any light. Not sure how long of a run it will get, still seems somewhat limited in supply, but I kinda *hope* or see potential that it could become a future classic, kind of like the 1675. Regardless, I know I'll be hanging onto mine forever.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It is indeed a good looking watch.
I would love for them to make a blue dial/bezel version.
I'm still on the hunt for a blue on blue diver.
Tried a Pelagos and it was just too much watch even though it wasn't too heavy for its size.

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Doesn’t Omega still make a blue on blue Seamaster? Had my Omega for 25 years, blue face polished stainless bezel. Still in the rotation after 25 years.

That Tudor is really nice. Hhhmmmmmmm....... just gonna walk away now

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Doesn’t Omega still make a blue on blue Seamaster? Had my Omega for 25 years, blue face polished stainless bezel. Still in the rotation after 25 years.

That Tudor is really nice. Hhhmmmmmmm....... just gonna walk away now

They make several blue on blue seamasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
Looks like I will have to hold off on new wheels...

Super jealous! My grail watch...may never be able to get one though. From what I’ve heard it’s damn near impossible to get one for retail from an AD. Looking for an “excuse” to make as a goal for myself to purchase one of these. 30th/35th/40th Bday, Work Promotion, something lol.

Anyways if it’s a recent acquisition congrats on your beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Haven't checked this thread in a bit, glad to see it alive and kicking! :D

Love that batman, looks great on the jubilee.

Nothing new with me, still rocking the black bay GMT every day. The lume on it is killer compared to anything else I've had.

There are still other watches I have a soft spot for and wouldn't mind owning one day, but I feel no real need for another watch at this point, and am completely happy with the Tudor.

Before this watch even existed my "grail" was the GMT Master II 1675, and completely out of reach due to prices (and still is, and probably always will be). I had just an inkling in the back of my mind that this Tudor, which of course shares a lot of design and functional similarities, might not 100% live up to the dream watch, or might feel like a copy cat -- Tudor simply cashing in on Rolex's design. But since owning it for almost a year I've realized it's really it's own thing, and I actually prefer a lot of the design aspects, like the muted bezel colors for example, which in my opinion look fantastic in almost any light. Not sure how long of a run it will get, still seems somewhat limited in supply, but I kinda *hope* or see potential that it could become a future classic, kind of like the 1675. Regardless, I know I'll be hanging onto mine forever.

I'd be super happy with a black bay. Very aesthetic piece. Especially considering the super inflated luxury market.

smcd95

It is from a dealer that I have bought a couple of watches from over the years. Was on the list for a pepsi, and decided to forgo that for this. Cheapest way to get one these days...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Seamaster Saturdays!

And the Nurburgring was a blast!
I recommend to any car guy to fly there. Save up 3-4k and have an unforgettable time on the Nordschleife and anywhere else in Europe you want to visit for a week or two.

And driving on the Nordschleife...I can’t put into words the exhilaration and adrenaline you get from it. If I had to try an explain to someone who has never been, each lap is like the roughest, wildest, most heart pumping sex you have ever had. I don’t know how to put it any better in terms that most people can relate to.

Last edited: