GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil around filler cap

kDizz781

Ready to race!
So I check under my hood on a regular basis and the other day I noticed oil around the oil cap. Everything was on securely, so I decided to just clean it off and keep an eye on it. Checked again today and it is back.

Any one else experiencing this? I'm thinking I might have a bad gasket there or something. I might just replace the oil cap and see if it returns

Any opinions?

Attachments

• oil cap.jpg
    oil cap.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 9,709

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So I check under my hood on a regular basis and the other day I noticed oil around the oil cap. Everything was on securely, so I decided to just clean it off and keep an eye on it. Checked again today and it is back.

Any one else experiencing this? I'm thinking I might have a bad gasket there or something. I might just replace the oil cap and see if it returns

Any opinions?

Maybe check condition of seal.
Maybe a nick or cut.
New cap does not cost a lot.
ECS Tuning.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
I'm getting the oil cap replaced under warranty today. I'll clean around the area, and follow up in a week or two to let you all know if it resolves the issue.

Thanks for the feedback so far

airjor13

Ready to race!
I noticed mine has the same issue, will go and get it checked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I have same issue. Interested to see if changing the oil cap fixes the issue.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
The new oil cap seems to be doing the job

The tech recommended not taking the cap off when the engine is super hot and to let it cool slightly.

airjor13

Ready to race!
Took it in to Lindsay VW in VA today for oil weep around the cap, they denied it’s an issue, did not replace the cap, just cleaned up around the cap and asked me to watch it for any more weeps over the next few weeks, also SA pretty cool, he said it’s not worth opening tech line with VW over a $30 part with the amount of things going on with my car parts wise it would have been an “interesting” conversation lol :)