GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI Stage 2 (Freektune) vs 2017 Civic Type R

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
First time hitting the strip and my first run was with a Civic Type R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nJQdJGKcA

No surprise here but I gave him the thumbs up after. Seems to be a cool guy.

I ran 13.6 and he ran 14.5 that run. I struggled so much with 60'.. 2.4 consistently (6MT and Summer Tires). Ill get better in time with some tweaks along the way. Overall it was a great experience and I had fun.

Last edited:

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
I was at 108 and he was at 105.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
What elevation? That is a badass track that you were at. I heard you gripping through first and second. Without slicks here I don't get traction until 3rd and I am 6mt as well, jealous!!!
Are you interested in going faster or did you just go there for fun?
Before I watched your video I was worried about the trap speed being really low but I think it is more your shifting habits than anything else.
Good to see people racing congrats!!

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
dammmn nice, so it takes stage 2 for us to smack a type r. hmmmm... good to know lol

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
What elevation? That is a badass track that you were at. I heard you gripping through first and second. Without slicks here I don't get traction until 3rd and I am 6mt as well, jealous!!!
Are you interested in going faster or did you just go there for fun?
Before I watched your video I was worried about the trap speed being really low but I think it is more your shifting habits than anything else.
Good to see people racing congrats!!

haha. Yea this was at New England Dragway and the DA was 2080ish.

https://airdensityonline.com/track-results/New_England_Dragway/

I wanna be where you are with your numbers! You give us 6MT guys hope lol! But yea, I definitely wanna go faster. I went right after work yesterday alone just to get a feel. Very nerve-wracking considering this is all very new to me and I don't have any friends interested in this hobby either or to learn from. But its good to hear that I did ok from someone reputable as you. So you think my shifting needs to be improved? I'm going to attach a few slips for you to review. Any suggestions for improving are welcome! I'm heading back next week... Hopefully I do better.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Very nice words, I appreciate it. The car really is much faster than I am at this point. I am the furthest thing from an experienced racer! I started hitting the strip about 2 years ago now. I have learned a few things along the way that have definitely helped and still learn something new every time I go. I also get really nervous when staging and getting ready to launch. DSG guys don't get that feeling :D

I'll PM you some things.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I might run up to NED tomorrow night after work, depending on traffic and what time I can get out.

NED prep is actually very poor on street nights (wed and Fri nights). I've spun to through the 1/8th mile on stock wheelbase bikes.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
I might run up to NED tomorrow night after work, depending on traffic and what time I can get out.

NED prep is actually very poor on street nights (wed and Fri nights). I've spun to through the 1/8th mile on stock wheelbase bikes.

I'm planning to go next Wednesday. Friday traffic up north is ridiculously retarded for me lol... Iono if you wanna change your schedule up and we can meet on the 21st =).

takemorepills

Ready to race!
dammmn nice, so it takes stage 2 for us to smack a type r. hmmmm... good to know lol

Well, Stage 2 certainly makes it an obvious win. Thinking Stage 1 can take a CTR also.
I'd like to see how much more hurt a DSG (Stage 1 or 2) could put on a CTR:cool:

OP, nice video! You seem to shift very conservatively, I think your car has more in it, keep at it!

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
CTR's are averaging 270-280 whp stock. They also weigh 3100 ish. So for the OP to have 330/380 wheel only trap 3 mph more is pretty bad in my book. Look up YouTube club sport s versus CTR. No, I do not believe you need stage 2 to beat one.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Those times seem slow for St2 no? I thought ppl were averaging high 12s

Not that I track, just curious based on previous numbers I’ve seen. Current gen Mustang GTs are high 12s and I’ve beat multiple in Mexico, at Stage 1 low output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codered911

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8
You have to remember sometimes it's the driver.... When it comes to may things you can still shift too early or too late and obviously from a dig getting consistent 60' times helps dial everything else in. With DSG it should be easier than 6spd since it's harder to mess up shifting, and launching still takes some work.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You have to remember sometimes it's the driver.... When it comes to may things you can still shift too early or too late and obviously from a dig getting consistent 60' times helps dial everything else in. With DSG it should be easier than 6spd since it's harder to mess up shifting, and launching still takes some work.

I have no doubt i would 60' better in an M6 than i do with the damn DSG.

I really don't like the launch control crap. Been driving stick cars basically my whole life, just can't get the DSG to leave the way i want.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I haven't seen a CTR in person, but is it really as ugly in real life as it is in pictures?