GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Vs. AWE track

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Which should I get? Which is louder? Which has less drone? Which has a better tone?

Thanks

CSS. I love mine. Can't beat the value and the OEMness.

I can't speak for the AWE track drone but I am sure it is louder. And way more expensive...

teemmy

Ready to race!
I had the track edition and it was a sweet exhaust. I had it matched with the stock downpipe at that time with the soundaktor at 50% and I thought it was great. After I got my high flow catted DP the exhaust became way too loud, but I never unplugged the soundaktor. I ended up getting rid of the track edition because I couldn't live with the extra cabin sound.

I'm waiting for the CSS muffler to arrive in the next two weeks and I'm mating it with the aftermarket DP. I'll let you know what I think of it after I get it installed.

From the clips that I've heard on the CSS I think the track edition will still give a fuller sound than the CSS, but I guess we'll see.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you're keeping the stock DP do a muffler delete and save money.

All three of those options are a bad idea (will drone) if you ever upgrade your DP, unless you upgrade your resonator at the same time

LastDragon

Ready to race!
I had the track edition and it was a sweet exhaust. I had it matched with the stock downpipe at that time with the soundaktor at 50% and I thought it was great. After I got my high flow catted DP the exhaust became way too loud, but I never unplugged the soundaktor. I ended up getting rid of the track edition because I couldn't live with the extra cabin sound.

I'm waiting for the CSS muffler to arrive in the next two weeks and I'm mating it with the aftermarket DP. I'll let you know what I think of it after I get it installed.

From the clips that I've heard on the CSS I think the track edition will still give a fuller sound than the CSS, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah, let us know. It would be cool to hear what you thinking having had both.

LastDragon

Ready to race!
If you're keeping the stock DP do a muffler delete and save money.

All three of those options are a bad idea (will drone) if you ever upgrade your DP, unless you upgrade your resonator at the same time

I've thought about this but don't want to chop up the oem, and I want to go 3 inch pipe. Plus the sound clips never fully did it for me for some reason.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
CSS isn't 3", and every muffler delete I've ever built has been. Also clamp on in the same spot as CSS so it can be put back to stock just the same.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Get the CSS, you will be happy. Then after about 5000 miles you'll be even happier.

Quiet around town, loud under throttle. No drone at any speed, and nice crackles on decel.

CSS my friend.

8kGoodEnuff

Ready to race!
Where have folks been buying the CSS muffler?

teemmy

Ready to race!
I just installed the CSS muffler, enjoying it so far, but it does have a little of drone once i'm above 2.5k rpms on the freeway or under load like on a hill. Still trying to get used to it, but it does add quite a bit of sound since I have a downpipe. I appreciate the burbles and crackles at low rpms in 1st though :)

It definitely sounds like a full sound similar to the AWE track edition that I had. At this point it's been a while since i had the AWE so I can't give you the details but I think they're pretty similar. You can't go wrong with either. I've heard the CSS gets even better when it breaks in after a few thousand miles, so looking forward to it... (unless I take it off)

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Get the CSS, you will be happy. Then after about 5000 miles you'll be even happier.

Quiet around town, loud under throttle. No drone at any speed, and nice crackles on decel.

CSS my friend.

This. 1000 times this. My favorite mod by far. Literally a split personality - completely civilized when driving normally, and noticeably more aggressive when driving hard and shifting high in the revs. Fit and finish is top notch as well.

rejectri

Ready to race!
css paired with a catted downpipe sounds pretty dope and is cheaper then replacing the cat back- just my two cents