GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

8" NAV replacement screen kit available

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm happy to see stuff like this assembled into a plug and play kit, but $800 for just a bigger screen? The resolution is set by the MIB II unit from what I've read, so you only get an increase of screen size, not resolution.

Just doesn't seem worth it.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I'm happy to see stuff like this assembled into a plug and play kit, but $800 for just a bigger screen? The resolution is set by the MIB II unit from what I've read, so you only get an increase of screen size, not resolution.

This is true. I'd be hesitant to even consider this without seeing the results first. That said, it is a pretty big increase in screen size, and for someone with sketchy vision (raises hand), it might be worth a look. But at $800, it would have to absolutely blow me away.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
This is true. I'd be hesitant to even consider this without seeing the results first. That said, it is a pretty big increase in screen size, and for someone with sketchy vision (raises hand), it might be worth a look. But at $800, it would have to absolutely blow me away.

A whole other can of worms here, but $800 is a lot for me because if you're patient and can sort through Aliexpress listings or eBay listings, you can get an Android 6.0, 10" 1024x600 resolution head unit for HALF the cost. Added functions, features, still works with steering wheel controls, etc. It's not OEM so install and user experience aren't going to be OEM like, and I'd be concerned with sound quality POTENTIALLY, but otherwise it's a bargain.

Like this: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32089