GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
So... now that these have been out for a little bit. What is the cheapest option to go about this? Where is the best place to pick up a harness? I do not mind waiting awhile in order to avoid Shopdap's markup.

pantsos

Ready to race!
So... now that these have been out for a little bit. What is the cheapest option to go about this? Where is the best place to pick up a harness? I do not mind waiting awhile in order to avoid Shopdap's markup.

e-acca.com

See the first page for more info.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
The cheapest way is DIY.

I wasn’t really into these lights on pictures but over the Christmas break I got curious if I could make my own harness. With the documents VW provides for the retrofit, Don’s Leuchte tutorial and my own experiences with my ‘17GTI I finally made my own harness. There is a lot of mystery around these harness’ and I guess there are a couple ways of doing it. I’d like to share my way with you now. If it happens to be that someone else is doing it the same way, I didn’t buy a single harness and copied it. By the way it works with no Fog/1x Fog and 2x Fogs.

I used the following material:
2x 5G0972715 CAP 5-PIN e-acca.com
2x 3AA972714 CAP 4-PIN e-acca.com
4x 1K8972928B PLUG 8-PIN e-acca.com
24x 571-1241374-2-CT mouser.com
12x 571-964267-1-CT mouser.com
100ft AWG20 Amazon
2ft AWG16 GND-Wire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Renck

Ready to race!
The cheapest way is DIY.

I wasn’t really into these lights on pictures but over the Christmas break I got curious if I could make my own harness. With the documents VW provides for the retrofit, Don’s Leuchte tutorial and my own experiences with my ‘17GTI I finally made my own harness. There is a lot of mystery around these harness’ and I guess there are a couple ways of doing it. I’d like to share my way with you now. If it happens to be that someone else is doing it the same way, I didn’t buy a single harness and copied it. By the way it works with no Fog/1x Fog and 2x Fogs.

Well, congrats to you and nicely done!

PM sent BTW.

Fog wire.jpg

Last edited:

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
The cheapest way is DIY.

I’m having trouble interpreting your spreadsheet. What modules or changes do I need to make to enable dual fog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kubo777

The cheapest way is DIY.

Very nice and thanks for posting this. I've been running dynamics for few monhs now, and it is definitely one of my favorite mods. What is the best way to source the VAG connectors etc?

Also, does anyone know/has time to elaborate on these settings? I always wondered why the FOGs wererent as bright (even though thay are set to max), and/or what other options are there avaialbe? Ie. dont make the warning hazards dynamic, rather flash only.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I’m having trouble interpreting your spreadsheet. What modules or changes do I need to make to enable dual fog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Use Leuchte28 as fog instead of reverse light. Connect Pin4 Inner-Left to new Inner-Left Pin7 and run a wire from there to new Inner-Right Pin7. Run a second wire from new Inner-Right Pin6 to new Inner-Left Pin6.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Very nice and thanks for posting this. I've been running dynamics for few monhs now, and it is definitely one of my favorite mods. What is the best way to source the VAG connectors etc?

Also, does anyone know/has time to elaborate on these settings? I always wondered why the FOGs wererent as bright (even though thay are set to max), and/or what other options are there avaialbe? Ie. dont make the warning hazards dynamic, rather flash only.

Updated my post with part#s and sources I used. The only thing with the terminals is, at mouser you can only order min 100 each.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
The cheapest way is DIY.

2x 5G0972715CAP 5-PINe-acca.com
2x 3AA972714CAP 4-PINe-acca.com
4x 1K8972928BPLUG 8-PINe-acca.com
24x 571-1241374-2-CTmouser.com
12x 571-964267-1-CTmouser.com
100ft AWG20 Amazon
2ft AWG16GND-Wire

Best post in entire thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
The cheapest way is DIY.

2x 5G0972715 CAP 5-PIN e-acca.com
2x 3AA972714 CAP 4-PIN e-acca.com
4x 1K8972928B PLUG 8-PIN e-acca.com
24x 571-1241374-2-CT mouser.com
12x 571-964267-1-CT mouser.com
100ft AWG20 Amazon
2ft AWG16 GND-Wire

Thank you dude! The prices for these from vendors reverse engineering the harnesses are criminal. If you have the ability to, could you give us tips on wire lengths too?

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The cheapest way is DIY.

2x 5G0972715CAP 5-PINe-acca.com
2x 3AA972714CAP 4-PINe-acca.com
4x 1K8972928BPLUG 8-PINe-acca.com
24x 571-1241374-2-CTmouser.com
12x 571-964267-1-CTmouser.com
100ft AWG20 Amazon
2ft AWG16GND-Wire

This is awesome, how much was everything?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
This being said, I would really like to get the official coding from VW after the SVN code is applied. If anyone would like to provide that, please, let me know.

I haven’t had a chance to see the official coding for it. During my research I thought about different options and started with Klemme 30G=Batterie switched. The lights got “powered on” and all functions work. Today I tried one other option: “Versorgung LCM” = Supply Light Control Module? All I can say is everything works w/o faults. Going to keep Leuchte27 setting that way.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
I haven’t had a chance to see the official coding for it. During my research I thought about different options and started with Klemme 30G=Batterie switched. The lights got “powered on” and all functions work. Today I tried one other option: “Versorgung LCM” = Supply Light Control Module? All I can say is everything works w/o faults. Going to keep Leuchte27 setting that way.

Question for you: Do you have a late 2017 model or 2015-mid 2017?