GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

JBale

Ready to race!
Are you able to associate which channel should I program for the following 4 LED?

Leuchtexxxx xxxx?

LED w/o dynamic turn signals (found on Golf/base models)

Left outer - 5G0945095Q
Right outer - 5G0945096Q
Left inner - 5G0945093AH w/o rear fog
Right inner - 5G0945094AG w/o rear fog

I want to enable them as DRLs

Try setting this to active.

ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht

alynch30

Passed Driver's Ed
Try setting this to active.

ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
Tried that already

I am able to set Leuchte23 and Leuchte24 to DRLs which are the outter Tails but can’t find the inner tails. I would assume they would be 26-27 but if I set them to DRLs nothing happen unless there is another setting I need to change?

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Tried that already

I am able to set Leuchte23 and Leuchte24 to DRLs which are the outter Tails but can’t find the inner tails. I would assume they would be 26-27 but if I set them to DRLs nothing happen unless there is another setting I need to change?

What have you changed so far? The setting JBale stated will run all lights as if the parking light position is selected on the headlight switch but with full brightness DRLs which would give you the desired results.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice, these are the best tails to date.

Do you have a clear shot of the reverse on these we are still curious how the pcb board is attached, if it is just a wire we can make something brighter - we have made a lot of custom PCB board LEDs for the mk7.

These taillights are completely sealed so no chance of replacing. Plus, these reverse lights are already quite bright as is.

alynch30

Passed Driver's Ed
What have you changed so far? The setting JBale stated will run all lights as if the parking light position is selected on the headlight switch but with full brightness DRLs which would give you the desired results.

I reverted the changes I've done so far for the tail lights + DRL.

Actually I'm using OBDEleven so I'm not sure how to understand that

martymim

Ready to race!
Hello, ive found a set come up for sale locally but could anyone shed some light on what I would require.

I cant seem to find a harness as the links are mostly dead and I have not found the required vagcom coding.

Im from the UK with a 15 R.

Any help would be amazing. Sorry in advance for not reading the 142 pages...

Email - martymimnagh(AT) yahooDOTcom

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Hello, ive found a set come up for sale locally but could anyone shed some light on what I would require.

I cant seem to find a harness as the links are mostly dead and I have not found the required vagcom coding.

Im from the UK with a 15 R.

Any help would be amazing. Sorry in advance for not reading the 142 pages...

Email - martymimnagh(AT) yahooDOTcom
Literally on the 1st page of the thread...................................

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JBale

Ready to race!
I had the chance to buy a set of NA MK7.5 tail lights and couldn't say no. A fairly simple adapter and a few coding changes was all that was needed to make them work on a MK7.

Last edited:

Renck

Ready to race!
Nice, these are the best tails to date.

Do you have a clear shot of the reverse on these we are still curious how the pcb board is attached, if it is just a wire we can make something brighter - we have made a lot of custom PCB board LEDs for the mk7.

Yep, no way to access the reverse lights:

20171205_155900.jpg

20171205_155958.jpg

Final product:

20171205_210155.jpg

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I had the chance to buy a set of NA MK7.5 tail lights and couldn't say no. A fairly simple adapter and a few coding changes was all that was needed to make them work on a MK7.

They don’t look terrible! I’m assuming you only need adapters to actually connect the tails to the car and don’t need to wire anything from outers to inner? Looks like they behave similarly to our stock lights.